Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card vs The Platinum Card® from American Express
A luxury card battle between Delta and American Express.
Summary of card features
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
- Welcome offer. Earn 40,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you make $3,000 in eligible purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Rewards. Earn 3x miles on Delta purchases and 1x miles on other eligible purchases.
- Airport lounge access. Get complimentary access to all Delta Sky Clubs when flying with Delta, which otherwise costs $59 for a single visit. If you visit Delta Sky Clubs once a month, that's $708 savings per year. Also, you get access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your card.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Membership reward points. Earn 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked directly through Amex Travel. You can use your points toward gift cards, travel rewards, statement credit and more. If you redeem these points for the highest valued rewards, you'll get 5% back. On all other eligible purchases, you'll earn 1x points.
- Welcome offer. Get 60,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of card membership. That's up to $1,200 worth of rewards when transferred to travel partners.
- Airline fee credit. Select a qualifying airline and receive a $200 airline fee credit each year to cover incidental charges, such as checked bags or in-flight purchases.
Compare premium credit cards
Ask an Expert