norisbank Top Current Account Review
Take control of your money by choosing this fee-free account.
Norisbank is an online bank offering a range of features through its personal accounts, bolstered by the fact it’s a subsidiary of the Deutsche Bank Group. In this review we take a look at Norisbank’s Top current account, to help you decide if this product will be right for you. Read on to find out more.
ATM fee for Euro withdrawals
How does the norisbank Top current account work?
With norisbank, you can open a current account as long as you reside in Germany. You’ll need a few of your personal details to sign up, including your full name, date of birth, address and email address. You will need to confirm your identity and submit any required documentation.
Once you’re signed up, you will receive a free Maestro debit card to access your money. You can manage your bank account via online banking and/or via an app on your smartphone. Among the banking services offered by norisbank is the ability to use its free change of account service if required.
Compare all norisbank products
What's in this review?
- How does the norisbank Top current account work?
- Compare all norisbank products
- What features does the norisbank Top current account have?
- How do I transfer money with the norisbank Top current account?
- Pros and cons of the norisbank Top current account
- How to sign up with norisbank
- Compare norisbank with other digital banks in Germany
- Frequently asked questions
What features does the norisbank Top current account have?
- €7.90 account management. There’s no monthly fee or any hidden fees to worry about. Just make sure you don’t fall into an unarranged overdraft with the bank.
- norisbank online banking. Enjoy round-the-clock banking which can be accessed anywhere online, including your smartphone.
- Biometric security. By activating the fingerprint Login / Touch ID / Face ID function, you can quickly and securely log into your account via the norisbank app and make use of banking features via its simple-to-use interface.
- Flexible credit line. You may be eligible to apply for an arranged overdraft to help you meet some immediate costs.
- Fee-free ATM withdrawals. You won’t be charged when withdrawing cash at 9,000 locations across Germany. Plus, around 1,300 participating Shell petrol stations and 22,000 participating retailers.
- SMS notifications. Get sent texts for transactions made on your Maestro debit card, including cash payments,
- Deutsche Bank services. As a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank, you can access some added features. This includes making cash deposits at any of Deutsche Bank’s deposit machines across Germany. Also, you can print bank statements in all the major bank’s branches.
How do I transfer money with the norisbank Top current account?
- Transfers. Make private payments to others and receive payments.
- Direct debits. You’re able to set up a direct debit and automatically pay for utilities and services.
- Standing orders. Set up a standing order, also known as a recurring payment, to make routine payments for a specified amount, payee and date.
Pros and cons of the norisbank Top current account
- Quick and straightforward account set-up.
- 24/7 customer support, including phone support.
- Apple Pay compatibility.
- This bank has only two physical branches.
- The basic features offered by this account may not meet all of your banking needs.
How to sign up with norisbank
You can complete an application for a norisbank current account online using your smartphone, tablet or PC. For a quicker process, select video-based verification rather than PostIdent. If you use video verification, a connection is established via Webtelephony. A norisbank employee will guide you through the process, which could take less than 10 minutes.
You’ll need the following documentation:
- Valid identity card / passport.
- A stable internet connection.
- A camera on your computer or tablet.
- Video telephony via one of the following browsers: Firefox from version 34, Chrome from version 40, Opera from version 27, Android browser from version 37. (A connection via Internet Explorer or Safari is currently not possible.)
- A mobile phone for receiving the confirmation TAN.
As soon as your documents have been received in full, the full account opening typically takes place within two working days. You will receive a written confirmation with your new IBAN by post. Your debit card should be delivered within seven working days.