Norisbank free current account review
Receive €100 of starting credit, available until 30 September 2020.*
Norisbank is an online bank offering a range of features through its personal accounts, bolstered by the fact it’s a subsidiary of the Deutsche Bank Group. In this review we take a look at Norisbank’s free current account, to help you decide if this product will be right for you. You can also take advantage of a €100 switch offer. Read on to find out more.
2.5% per payment
Currency conversion fee
What's in this review?
- How does the Norisbank free current account work?
- What features does the Norisbank free current account have?
- Compare all Norisbank products
- How do I transfer money with the Norisbank free current account?
- Pros and cons of the Norisbank free current account
- How to sign up with Norisbank
- Compare Norisbank with other digital banks in Germany
- Frequently asked questions
How does the Norisbank free current account work?
With Norisbank, you can open a current account as long as you reside in Germany. You’ll need a few of your personal details to sign up, including your full name, date of birth, address and email address. You will need to confirm your identity and submit any required documentation.
Once you’re signed up, you will receive a free Maestro debit card to access your money. You can manage your bank account via online banking and/or via an app on your smartphone. Among the banking services offered by Norisbank is the ability to use its free change of account service if required.
What features does the Norisbank free current account have?
- Account switching offer. Get a €100 cash bonus after you open this current account and switch from at least five payment processes using the online account switching service.
- €0 account management. There’s no monthly fee or any hidden fees to worry about. Just make sure you don’t fall into an unarranged overdraft with the bank.
- Norisbank online banking. Enjoy round-the-clock banking which can be accessed anywhere online, including your smartphone.
- Biometric security. By activating the fingerprint Login / Touch ID / Face ID function, you can quickly and securely log into your account via the Norisbank app and make use of banking features via its simple-to-use interface.
- Flexible credit line. You may be eligible to apply for an arranged overdraft to help you meet some immediate costs.
- Fee-free ATM withdrawals. You won’t be charged to withdraw your money at 9,000 locations across Germany. Plus, around 1,300 participating Shell petrol stations.
- SMS notifications. Get sent texts for transactions made on your Maestro debit card, including cash payments,
- Deutsche Bank services. As a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank, you can access some added features. This includes making cash deposits at any of Deutsche Bank’s deposit machines across Germany. Also, you can print bank statements in all the major bank’s branches.
Compare all Norisbank products
How do I transfer money with the Norisbank free current account?
- Transfers. Make private payments to others and receive payments.
- Direct debits. You’re able to set up a direct debit and automatically pay for utilities and services.
- Standing orders. Set up a standing order, also known as a recurring payment, to make routine payments for a specified amount, payee and date.
Pros and cons of the Norisbank free current account
- Quick and straightforward account set-up
- 24/7 customer support, including phone support
- Apple Pay
- This bank has no physical branches.
- Basic features the free current account many not meet all of your banking needs.
How to sign up with Norisbank
You can complete an application for a Norisbank current account online using your smartphone, tablet or PC. For a quicker process, select video-based verification rather than PostIdent. If you use video verification, a connection is established via Webtelephony. A Norisbank employee will guide you through the process, which could take less than 10 minutes.
You’ll need the following documentation:
- Valid identity card / passport.
- A stable internet connection.
- A camera on your computer or tablet.
- Video telephony via one of the following browsers: Firefox from version 34, Chrome from version 40, Opera from version 27, Android browser from version 37. (A connection via Internet Explorer or Safari is currently not possible.)
- A mobile phone for receiving the confirmation TAN.
As soon as your documents have been received in full, the full account opening typically takes place within two working days. You will receive a written confirmation with your new IBAN by post. Your debit card should be delivered within seven working days.
Compare Norisbank with other digital banks in Germany
*You must transfer at least 3 salary payments (wages, salary, pension, salary, BAföG) of at least 1,000 € per month by 31 March 2021.