Learn all about NETELLER's e-wallet features and fees.
NETELLER is a digital wallet that supports up to 27 different currencies. From online shopping to crypto payments, NETELLER offers a huge range of features to meet your payments needs. This review will cover how NETELLER works in Germany, including the features offered by NETELLER’s prepaid Mastercards.
Currency conversion Fee
How it works
In general, a NETELLER account allows you to send and receive money online while conducting safe transactions. Here’s the breakdown of how NETELLER works for each of its features.
Key features of Net + Virtual Prepaid Mastercard
The benefits of a Net + Virtual Mastercard go beyond online transactions. Let’s dive into the array of features offered, from special rewards to cryptocurrency payments.
NETELLER e-wallet and online payments
- Affordable and quick. Enjoy digital payments with no monthly account fees.
- Convenient top-ups. Top up your NETELLER account anytime you want, for a fee of 2.5% per top-up.
- Use globally. Enjoy quick bank transfers and ATM withdrawals worldwide.
- Merchant-friendly. Net + Virtual Prepaid Mastercards are accepted wherever Mastercards are.
- Secure payments through Paysafe. All transactions are protected by Paysafe, which is an electronic money issuer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom.
International money transfers with NETELLER
- Send money worldwide. You can send money to bank accounts over 180 countries worldwide, even to individuals without a NETELLER account.
- Send money to friends with a NETELLER account. When sending money to a NETELLER account, a fee of 1.5% applies with a minimum transfer amount of 0.50 USD. A higher one-time fee may apply if you’ve yet to make deposits into your NETELLER account.
- Send money for free with Skrill. NETELLER partners with Skrill such that if a NETELLER customer opens a Skrill account, he/she may send money worldwide.
Rewards with NETELLER
- Rewards Points Program. Join NETELLER’s Rewards Points Program and earn points each time you move money in and out of your accounts. Points may be redeemed for cash.
- Over 28 currencies available. Buy crypto and enjoy currencies like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Ether, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, and XLM.
- Buy and sell crypto in a matter of seconds. Buy and sell crypto at a fee of 1.5% (USD, EUR) or 3% (other currencies).
Fees and limits
Net+ Prepaid Mastercard
- Annual fee of €8
- Card issuance fee of €10
- No payment fees
- Foreign exchange fee of 3.99%
- ATM withdrawal fee of 1.75%
- Lost card replacement fee of €10
- Inactivity fee (12 months) of 5 USD
Net+ Virtual Prepaid Mastercard
- Add-on card fee of €2.50 per card
- 1.5% transfer fee to another NETELLER account
- Crypto-related fees should you choose to buy/sell crypto
- 2.5% top-up fee
- Inactivity fee (12 months) of 5 USD
Do note that additional fees may apply when you go above the set card limits, such as exceeding your 10 daily purchase limit up to €6,300 with a Net + Virtual card.
Using a Neteller account or one of its prepaid cards means you won’t have to hand over your bank card details every time you make an online purchase, increasing your overall security when spending online.
However, be aware that Neteller is not a bank, nor does it provide banking services. Many complaints have been made around loss of funds, the verification process and the fees associated with the service. Make sure you read up on all the fees involved so you don’t get any costly shocks later on.
Experiences from other NETELLER users
Neteller scores 2.6 over 5 based on 1,200+ reviews and is rated Poor on Trustpilot.
|User ratings||# of reviews||What do customers say|
|2.6 / 5||1,213|
*Note: Information provided is based on the reviews and rating on Trustpilot (12 May 2021).
How to sign up
Visit NETELLER’s website and click “join for free”. Provide your name, email and set a password. Once you’ve made your first deposit into your account, you’ll have to provide personal details including your gender, phone number, address, currency preference and birthday.