Holvi Business Review
Calling all entrepreneurs and freelancers: the Holvi Business account might just be for you.
Holvi offers business accounts for entrepreneurs, freelancers and self-employed individuals. These accounts come with an array of features like automatic receipt categorisation for easy accounting and a Business Mastercard for your everyday corporate spending.
This review will explore the features and fees of Holvi business accounts to help you decide which Holvi account is best for you.
Number of users
Local transfers limit
What features do I get with a Holvi business account?
Regardless of which account you choose, these are some standard features that you stand to enjoy.
- A digital business account. This business account, which can be accessed anytime and anywhere with the Holvi app, comes with a German IBAN, unlimited SEPA transfers and the ability to add an unlimited number of users.
- A Business Mastercard. Pay on-the-go wherever Mastercards are accepted, worldwide. The Business Mastercard also allows you to withdraw cash globally, receive spending alerts, and get prompted for receipt reminders via Holvi’s app.
- Online invoicing. Create recurring invoices in a few swipes, and customise your invoices with special logos and designs. Besides creating and sending invoices, Holvi helps you track and store these invoices for end-to-end accounting.
- Receipt digitisation and analysis. Using Holvi’s app, scan a picture of your receipt, categorise the expense and save the receipt on your phone. These receipts are added directly to your accounting report, and you can export them via Dropbox. This makes it easy for you to export receipts for tax payments.
- Centralised dashboard. Holvi’s app comes with a centralised dashboard that helps you monitor your real-time balance, while getting an overview of your business’s financial performance.
Business products from Holvi
What business accounts are offered by Holvi?
There are two business accounts for you to choose from:
Compare Holvi with business accounts in Germany
Is my money safe with Holvi?
Holvi is regulated by the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority as an authorised payment institution. Additionally, the accounts offered are payment accounts and the deposits are kept as separate customer funds. Do note, however, that deposits are not protected by the deposit guarantee, nor do they receive interest.
On top of this, Holvi accounts come with a host of security features to help you keep your money safe. They offer bank standard security through 2-factor authentication systems and biometric logins for their app. Additionally, you can use Holvi’s app to block your card when suspicious activity occurs, and secure it with Mastercard Identity Check for an extra layer of security.
As such, Holvi is generally considered safe.
How to sign up
You can sign up for Holvi in a few clicks online.
- Click “Go to Site” on this page to be redirected to Holvi’s website
- Input your details and verify your identity with a quick video call
- Provide some information on your business or freelance work
- Choose the business account that you want
Holvi will get back to you when your account is ready. You can then download Holvi’s app, receive your business Mastercard(s) and start transacting on-the-go.
You will need to provide some additional documentation around your business. If you are a freelancer or self-employed person, this would mainly involve your national identification. If you own a business, on the other hand, you may be asked for the following.
- An excerpt from the commercial register
- A list of shareholders
- Articles of Association
- A Power of Attorney
If your business has any trouble acquiring these documents, do get in touch with Holvi’s customer support team for assistance.
Holvi offers affordable, handy business accounts for entrepreneurs, freelancers and the self-employed. However, to make sure you get the right account for your business make sure you compare it to the other business accounts on the market.