Commerzbank Current Account Germany
Commerzbank offers a range of financial products including a handy current konten. Which could be best for you?
Commerzbank is a leading global bank offering both business and private banking solutions. With Commerzbank, you may open current and savings plans, spend with Commerzbank credit cards or enjoy a range of personal finance tools including personal financial planners and investment platforms. This review will give you a broad overview of the products offered by Commerzbank, and explore the features of Commerzbank accounts.
How Commerzbank works in Germany
Commerzbank’s Kunden-Kompass is a personalised financial planning program for Commerzbank customers. Through this program, you may receive essential financial advice from Commerzbank to help you achieve your banking goals.
Commerzbank offers a current account that comes with flexible add-ons. This includes a select number of free cash withdrawals and fee-free travel insurance. Commerzbank further offers plenty of credit cards to choose from, including debit and credit cards.
Besides current accounts, Commerzbank customers may opt for a savings plan to help grow their nest egg. Choose a savings plan that satisfies your financial goals, whether that may involve growing your cash with high interest rates or creating a baby savings plan for your newborn child.
Commerzbank’s loan offerings include installment loans, mortgage loans or even student loans. You’ll have the freedom to customise the loan amount, terms and repayment options to best suit your personal financial situation.
Are you an avid investor? If yes, you may want to consider the range of Commerzbank investment products available. These range from ETF funds to securities accounts with professional advice.
Commerzbank current account
The Commerzbank current account is a great tool for your everyday financial needs. Here are some features you may expect with the Commerzbank current account.
What other products does Commerzbank offer?
Commerzbank investment products
Commerzbank offers a range of investment products to help you grow your wealth. Here are a few you may choose from.
Commerzbank credit cards
Commerzbank accounts come with credit card options to help you pay for bills, shop online, or make payments abroad. Here are the types of Commerzbank credit cards you may encounter.
- Mastercard Classic. A low-cost credit card for the thrifty spender.
- MasterCard Gold. Comes with travel protection, free payment in Euro countries, and over 43 million acceptance points worldwide.
- MasterCard Premium.A premium credit card so you can spend in style. Come with contactless payment features and additional security for online shopping.
What fees apply with Commerzbank accounts?
Before choosing a Commerzbank account, you should be fully aware of potential fees available. These are the most common fee types you should watch out for.
- Credit card fees. Almost all Commerzbank accounts come with cards for easy spending. These cards often come with an annual management fee.
- Monthly account fees. Select Commerzbank accounts come with monthly account maintenance fees that could really add up in the long-term.
- Fees for payments outside of the Eurozone. Cards may be charged up to 1.75% of the transaction amount when used outside of the Eurozone, unless specified otherwise.
- Fees for over the counter cash payments. Over-the-counter cash payments in German banks may be charged €2.50 per order.
Are Commerzbank accounts safe?
Commerzbank is a reputable and licensed bank that goes above and beyond in providing financial safety to its customers. Commerzbank accounts come with 24-hour emergency services so you may reach out for help whenever a financial emergency occurs. Additionally, Commerzbank Mastercard and Visa cards enjoy Mastercard and Visa-specific security features. This includes the Mastercard Identity Check and Visa Secure features.
Pros and cons of Commerzbank accounts
- A range of accounts for your banking needs
- Low-fee accounts that keep banking affordable
- Plenty of credit card options to choose from
- Strong customer support and English-speaking support is available
- Account fees could add up if you don’t take note of them beforehand
- Relatively higher fees than digital banks when it comes to overseas expenditure
- Limited rewards schemes
Compare Commerzbank with a wide range of digital banks in Germany
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.