Dashlane’s digital wallet works with shopping websites, making your online shopping easy and secure.
Dashlane online wallet wants to make shopping online even easier. With safety in mind, they work with any website to help you avoid sharing your personal information when you shop.
- Store any and all payment types.
- Automatically saves receipts.
- Your wallet deserves to be mobile, too.
- It’s easy to use.
- It saves time.
- It’s secure.
- 30-day free trial of Dashlane Premium.
- Limited customer support.
- Premium plan is pricy.
What is Dashlane?
Dashlane’s digital wallet stores your personal information, including credit and debit cards, your PayPal account, and bank account info to make online purchases easier. It can also save your passwords, shipping address and receipts.
|Minimum and maximum amounts||Transfer methods||Banking partners||Setup cost||Software fee||Customer service|
|None||Credit cards, debit cards, bank account, PayPal||Banamex, TransUnion, Bessemer Venture Partners, FirstMark Capital and Rho Ventures||Free||Free|
Dashlane can save you time when purchasing items online. It also secures your personal information by:
- Using the strongest encryption available.
- Keeping your passwords secure by not storing them anywhere, including your computer or their servers. No one knows your password but you.
- Confirming your identity each time you log in to a new device.
Dashlane offers two plans to make your online shopping easier.
Dashlane Free includes:
- Digital wallet. Store your payment types for express checkout, with itemized receipts.
- Password manager. Generate passwords, set up security alerts and more.
- Autofill capabilities. Avoid completing your routine personal info at online checkout.
- Emergency password sharing. Designate access to some or all of your passwords.
- Password changer
At $39.99 per year, you can upgrade to Dashlane Premium to add:
- Syncing capabilities. Automatically sync to unlimited devices through the cloud.
- Solid account backup. Encrypt and back up your info to the cloud.
- Two-factor authentication. Using the FICO-backed U2F.
- Web access to your passwords. Log in on any browser, even without your devices.
- Priority customer support. Bump your name to the top of the queue.
Adding payments to Dashlane’s digital wallet
With Dashlane, you can add and access unlimited credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts and PayPal anywhere you’d like.
To add a payment method to Dashlane on your desktop and mobile:
- Open Dashlane’s Payments section.
- Click Add New or the plus sign on mobile.
- Complete and submit your payment details.
How to check out online with Dashlane
You’ve completed your online shopping, and now you’re ready to checkout. With Dashlane, you can fill in your payment details in two steps:
- Click the blue impala icon in the payment fields of the checkout page and view your saved payment options.
- Select the account you want, and Dashlane fills in the necessary info.
Pros and cons
- It’s easy to use. Access Dashlane from multiple devices.
- It saves time. Dashlane boasts that it can save you 50 hours a year with autofill alone.
- It’s secure. It encrypts your info and doesn’t store passwords. Anywhere.
- 30-day free trial of Dashlane Premium. Get premium benefits without spending a dime.
- Limited customer support. With no live chat, you must email for help. And Premium members get priority.
- Premium plan is pricy. It’s more expensive than other digital wallets.
Dashlane deals and discounts
Dashlane can save you time, and it’s a secure way to make payments online. Once you get it set up, it’s easy to use and compatible with all websites. And while the free plan offers many benefits, you may want to upgrade to Premium to use Dashlane on unlimited devices.