DasherDirect prepaid card review
DoorDash workers: Get instant earnings plus 2% cashback with this card.DasherDirect is a brand new prepaid card exclusively for DoorDash workers. You get instant access to earnings, plus 2% cash back at all gas stations. But it’s invitation-only as of December 2020.
Monthly maintenance fee
Cassidy Horton is a writer for Finder, specializing in banking and kids’ debit cards. She’s been featured on Legal Zoom, MSN, and Consolidated Credit and has a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. When not writing, you can find her exploring the Pacific Northwest and watching endless reruns of The Office.
Expert reviewDasherDirect is best for Dashers who want daily access to their earnings instead of having to wait for the money to transfer to their bank accounts. You’ll also earn 2% cash back on all gas purchases.
There aren’t too many negative things to say about DasherDirect. The card has low fees and will potentially be a good fit for many Dashers who need quicker access to their funds.
That said, the card isn’t available nationwide until February 16, 2021. And you’ll need to download a separate app to manage your account once your application is approved.
DasherDirect feesDasherDirect is light on fees compared to other prepaid cards. And the ones it does charge are on par with industry averages.
|Bill Pay with paper check||$1.00 per check|
|Inactivity fee after 12 months||$2.50 per month|
|Balance refund check fee||3.50|
How do I get the DasherDirect prepaid card?
DoorDash workers can sign up for the DasherDirect prepaid card in their app using these steps:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- Launch the DoorDash mobile app.
- Navigate to the Earnings tab.
- Tap the Bank icon and select DasherDirect under Other payment options.
- Tap Learn more.
- Fill out the application and tap Submit.
You’ll receive an email confirmation when your application is approved.
Dashers can open a DasherDirect prepaid card account when they meet these requirements:
- Active DoorDash employee
- At least 18 years old
- US residential address
- Valid Social Security number
- Government-issued photo ID
Have this information on hand when you apply for your DasherDirect card:
- Full name
- Home address
- Social Security number
- Government-issued photo ID number
What you’ll like about DasherDirect
As a Dasher, you can use your DashDirect card for free at over 55,000+ AllPoint ATMs, plus enjoy these benefits:
- Daily access to earnings. Instead of waiting for transfers to clear your bank, DoorDash earnings are added to your DasherDirect card for free each day.
- Earn cash back. You’ll earn 2% cash back each time you fuel up at the pump — regardless of which gas station you use.
- Low fees. DasherDirect doesn’t have a monthly service or per-transaction fee — two fees that are quite common with prepaid cards.
- Accepts cash deposits. Deposit cash at any Visa ReadyLink Network location. DoorDash doesn’t charge a fee, but the Visa location may charge up to $4.95 per reload.
What to watch out for
The DasherDirect card has these benefits:
- Not available everywhere. DasherDirect is available to Dashers in select cities throughout the eastern US. But it should roll out nationwide by February 16, 2021.
- Must download separate app. Once your application is approved in the DoorDash app, you’ll need to download a separate DasherDirect app to manage your account. Although it’s not the end of the world, it’s still something to keep in mind.
If the DasherDirect card isn’t quite what you’re looking for, explore your options.
Is DasherDirect safe?
Yes, DasherDirect is safe. The prepaid card is issued by Stride Bank, a member of the FDIC. This means you’ll get all of your money back in the rare case the bank were to fail. DoorDash also uses bank-grade encryption to protect your sensitive information in the app.
DasherDirect reviews and complaintsDasherDirect is a new product that just launched in Winter 2020. As of December 2020, there aren’t any reviews or complaints on sites like the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Trustpilot or Reddit.
Compare DasherDirect with other prepaid cards
Use this table to see how DasherDirect compares to other prepaid cards. Check the “Compare” box next to view their details side-by-side.
How long will it take to get my card?
You’ll receive your DasherDirect card in the mail within 10 days of application approval.
There are two ways to add money to your DasherDirect card:
- Direct deposits from DoorDash or third-party companies
- Cash deposit through the Visa ReadyLink Network
How can I contact DasherDirect customer service?
Visit the DasherDirect Help Center in the DasherDirect app if you have any questions about the card. There currently isn’t an email or phone number to call.