Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union Day Platinum Credit Card review
Earn points on your purchases and save money on balance transfers.
- Get this card if you are a member of the union and want a reward credit card.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period on purchases or a higher rewards rate on purchases.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of or higher.
Up to 0.5x
Purchase APR (variable)
Intro Balance Transfer
for the first 6 months (then 16% variable)
The Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union Day Platinum Credit Card lets you earn rewards on purchases and use an intro APR period on balance transfers. But what separates this card from competition is that a portion of each eligible transaction goes to a non-profit organization in your community.
Keep in mind, if you’re not eligible for a Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union membership, you won’t be able to apply for the card.
- Reward points.
Earn 1 point for every $2 spent. That’s essentially 0.5x points, which is lower than the 1.5x the rate most other credit cards offer.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers.
Use 6 months of 0% intro APR period on balance transfers. A variable APR of 16% applies thereafter.
- No balance transfer fee.
You also save money without paying for balance transfer fees, which can be up to 5% with other cards.
- Charitable donations.
You can choose a non-profit organization to benefit from your signature-based transactions of $5 or more. This includes Boys & Girls Country, Boy Scouts, Habitat for Humanity, Texas Water Foundation and more.
- No annual fee.
You won’t pay a fee to own the card.
What to watch out for
- No signup bonus.
Compare other credit cards with bonus offers if you’re looking for a signup bonus.
- No intro APR period on purchases.
The card comes with an intro APR period on balance transfers but not on purchases. Compare other cards for a 0% intro APR on purchases.
- Limited credit line.
You can get a credit line of up to $10,000. Look elsewhere for higher credit limits.
How to apply for the Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union Day Platinum Credit Card
- Visit the Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union website and locate the card.
- Click either Open an account, Yes, I’m ready to apply or Get your day or night platinum card.
- At the next section, click Apply for a credit card.
- Enter your email and password and fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
Do you need Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union membership to apply for the card?
Yes, but you can also apply for membership after you apply for the card. To be eligible for the union’s membership, you must:
- Live, work or attend school within the boundaries of Harris County.
- Live, work or attend school in Waller County at these zip codes: 77423, 77445, 77484, 77446 and 77447.
- Be an immediate family of a Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union members.
What credit score do I need?
You need a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Compare rewards credit cards
The Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union Day Platinum Credit Card may be a good option if you’re eligible for Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union membership. The card allows you to save money on balance transfers, earn rewards and donate to local non-profit organizations by making eligible purchases with your card.
But if the card doesn’t seem appealing, compare other credit cards until you find the right one for your financial situation.