Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best places to exchange currency in Mississauga
Find the best deal on Canadian dollars for your next trip.
Updated . What changed?
Save time by finding a currency exchange now, so you can spend more time enjoying the sights or visiting family while in Mississauga. Some money transfer services will even let you order Canadian dollars ahead of time, preventing the need to ever visit an ATM or currency exchange while in Canada.
Who can exchange my money in Mississauga?
1. The Coin and Currency Exchange
You can find this store on Burnhamthorpe Road, just off the 403. It’s open five days a week and has over 100 currencies in stock.
2. Money Exchange World
This store can be found in the same area as the Coin and Currency Exchange and is open six days a week. You can visit its website to see its daily rates for major currencies.
3. Continental Currency Exchange
This is a popular Ontario brand and can be found at Erin Mills Town Centre. It’s open seven days a week and you can even order your currency online for fast and easy pickup or delivery.
Tips for getting the best deal when exchanging money
- Compare, compare, compare. You can typically find the best deal by comparing rates online or by calling a number of companies to ask for a quote.
- Know the mid-market rate. Do a quick search for exchange rates on Google or Reuters before you settle on a service so you’ll know when a vendor is trying to charge too much.
- Pay with cash or bank transfer. Avoid using plastic when paying for your currency because your bank might ding you with hidden charges and fees on the other end.
- Steer clear of ATMs. ATMs often charge an arm and a leg for fees and offer a dismal return on the exchange rate.
- Avoid doing business at the airport. Try not to purchase currency at the airport since those exchanges often drive up fees and offer poor exchange rates.
Compare money transfer services
If you just need to get money to Mississauga but you’re not visiting, use a money transfer provider to get the best deal on an international transfer.
If you’re planning a trip to Mississauga, get your cash online or at an exchange center in the city for the best deal. And if just your money is going to Mississauga, compare transfer providers to get the best rate.
More guides on Finder
Moomoo stock trading review
Features and fees to consider before you open an account with this trading platform.
Here’s what you need to know about Chewy, the popular pet retailer that offers fast shipping, a wide-variety of products and 24/7 customer service.
10 best FIRE books of 2020
Get inspired to map your own path to financial independence and early retirement.
Where to buy the PlayStation 5
With the PS5 set to launch November 12th, check in on new stock at top sites to put in your order today.
How do international money orders work?
Using international money orders to send money overseas? Learn about better options.
Zelle vs. Cash App
Compare Zelle vs. Cash App to see which is best for your next transfer.
Zelle vs. Venmo
Compare Zelle and Venmo to see which is better for your next transfer.
What is DeFi? Beginner’s guide to decentralized finance
Confused about DeFi? Find out how it works in this easy-to-read guide.
Connections Academy online public school review
This online public school offers a rigorous curriculum featuring live learning sessions with teachers and classmates.
Charles Schwab vs. TD Ameritrade
Pros and cons to consider before opening an account with either of these brokerages.