Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best places to exchange currency in Mississauga
Find the best deal on Canadian dollars for your next trip.
Save time by finding a currency exchange now, so you can spend more time enjoying the sights or visiting family while in Mississauga. Some money transfer services will even let you order Canadian dollars ahead of time, preventing the need to ever visit an ATM or currency exchange while in Canada.
Where can I exchange my money in Mississauga?
1. The Coin and Currency Exchange
You can find this store on Burnhamthorpe Road, just off the 403. It’s open five days a week and has over 100 currencies in stock.
2. Money Exchange World
This store can be found in the same area as the Coin and Currency Exchange and is open six days a week. You can visit its website to see its daily rates for major currencies.
3. Continental Currency Exchange
This is a popular Ontario brand and can be found at Erin Mills Town Centre. It’s open seven days a week and you can even order your currency online for fast and easy pickup or delivery.
Tips for getting the best deal when exchanging money
- Compare, compare, compare. You can typically find the best deal by comparing rates online or by calling a number of companies to ask for a quote.
- Know the mid-market rate. Do a quick search for exchange rates on Google or Reuters before you settle on a service so you’ll know when a vendor is trying to charge too much.
- Pay with cash or bank transfer. Avoid using plastic when paying for your currency because your bank might ding you with hidden charges and fees on the other end.
- Steer clear of ATMs. ATMs often charge an arm and a leg for fees and offer a dismal return on the exchange rate.
- Avoid doing business at the airport. Try not to purchase currency at the airport since those exchanges often drive up fees and offer poor exchange rates.
Compare money transfer services
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
If you’re planning a trip to Mississauga, get your cash online or at an exchange center in the city for the best deal. And if it’s only your money that’s going to Mississauga, compare transfer providers to get the best rate.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Bitcoin (BTC) in the US
Want to buy bitcoin but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions on how and where to buy BTC in the US.
Coinbase vs Robinhood
Discover which exchange is better suited to cryptocurrency trading after comparing things like fees, security and features.
Metamask wallet review and guide
All you need to know about Metamask – the browser extension digital wallet and a user-friendly bridge to the world of Ethereum decentralised applications.
Review: Venmo app for cryptocurrency
Venmo provides a convenient way to send money to friends, and now users can buy cryptocurrency like Bitcoin with as little as $1.
Coinbase vs Coinbase Pro
We compare Coinbase and Coinbase Pro side-by-side so you can see the differences in fees, features, supported cryptocurrencies and more.
Bitcoin cloud mining
Read the full guide to Bitcoin cloud mining to see how these questionable services operate.
Ando Spending Account review
Reduce your carbon emissions and enjoy no monthly fees with this ethical checking account.
Edward Jones review
Edward Jones is a full-service brokerage firm that grants every investment account access to a financial advisor.
Cryptocurrency staking guide: How to stake coins for rewards
Staking is one of the most popular ways to earn an income with cryptocurrency – learn how to get started with this guide.
Review: FTX US cryptocurrency exchange
What you need to know about using FTX US, including fees, available cryptocurrencies and what payment methods are available.