Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best places to exchange currency in Edmonton
Find the best deal on cash in Canada's Festival City.
Updated . What changed?
Spend more time exploring Edmonton and less time searching for ATMs. Exchanging cash at a currency office or, even better, before your trip is key to seeing more sights like the Muttart Conservatory or TELUS World of Science. Make a plan to secure Canadian dollars now so you can focus on the fun part of your trip.
Who can exchange my money in Edmonton?
You can find Calforex branches in South Edmonton and West Edmonton Mall. It’s open seven days a week and has over 100 currencies in stock.
2. International Currency Exchange
ICE is conveniently located at Edmonton City Centre and the international airport. You can order your cash online and pick it up seven days a week.
3. Unimoni Exchange
Located off Calgary Trail South near Whitemud Drive, Unimoni is open six days a week and you can pay with cash or debit card on site. If you want to learn more about Unimoni, check out our full review.
Tips for getting the best deal when exchanging money
- Do a quick comparison. Most foreign exchange vendors have online calculators that you can use to find the best deal.
- Know the interbank rate. Look for the interbank rate, also known as the mid-market rate, on Google or Reuters before you start shopping. This will let you know how wide a margin each company is charging.
- Opt for cash over card. Your bank might ding you with hidden charges and fees on the other end.
- Avoid ATMs. ATMs are run by banks who are notorious for offering dismal exchange rates. Visit a reputable foreign exchange service to save money on your next transaction.
- Don’t exchange at the airport. Buy your currency before you leave or wait until you head into the city center to avoid high airport rates.
Compare money transfer services
If your money needs to get to Edmonton without you, use one of these international money transfer providers for the best deal.
If you’re heading to Edmonton and need cash, research ahead of time to get the best deal on the exchange. And if your money needs to make it there without you, compare money transfer providers to find the best exchange rate.
More guides on Finder
Top 6 winter fashion trends perfect for that Netflix & chill vibe
From cozy oversized coats to statement sleeves and necklines that prompt double takes, here are the trends you need in your closet as the new year begins.
Moomoo stock trading review
Features and fees to consider before you open an account with this trading platform.
Here’s what you need to know about Chewy, the popular pet retailer that offers fast shipping, a wide-variety of products and 24/7 customer service.
10 best FIRE books of 2020
Get inspired to map your own path to financial independence and early retirement.
Which US states are hit most often by hurricanes?
We took a stroll down hurricane alley to learn which states are the most at risk for being hit, what time of year is the most active and which violent storms cost the most.
Where to buy the PlayStation 5
With the PS5 set to launch November 12th, check in on new stock at top sites to put in your order today.
How do international money orders work?
Using international money orders to send money overseas? Learn about better options.
Zelle vs. Venmo
Compare Zelle and Venmo to see which is better for your next transfer.
What is DeFi? Beginner’s guide to decentralized finance
Confused about DeFi? Find out how it works in this easy-to-read guide.
Connections Academy online public school review
This online public school offers a rigorous curriculum featuring live learning sessions with teachers and classmates.