Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Best places to exchange currency in Edmonton
Find the best deal on cash in Canada's Festival City.
Spend more time exploring Edmonton and less time searching for ATMs. Exchanging cash at a currency office or, even better, before your trip is key to seeing more sights like the Muttart Conservatory or TELUS World of Science. Make a plan to secure Canadian dollars now so you can focus on the fun part of your trip.
Where can I exchange my money in Edmonton?
You can find Calforex branches in South Edmonton and West Edmonton Mall. It’s open seven days a week and has over 100 currencies in stock.
2. International Currency Exchange
ICE is conveniently located at Edmonton City Centre and the international airport. You can order your cash online and pick it up seven days a week.
3. Unimoni Exchange
Located off Calgary Trail South near Whitemud Drive, Unimoni is open six days a week and you can pay with cash or debit card on site. If you want to learn more about Unimoni, check out our full review.
Tips for getting the best deal when exchanging money
- Do a quick comparison. Most foreign exchange vendors have online calculators that you can use to find the best deal.
- Know the interbank rate. Look for the interbank rate, also known as the mid-market rate, on Google or Reuters before you start shopping. This will let you know how wide a margin each company is charging.
- Opt for cash over card. Your bank might ding you with hidden charges and fees on the other end.
- Avoid ATMs. ATMs are run by banks who are notorious for offering dismal exchange rates. Visit a reputable foreign exchange service to save money on your next transaction.
- Don’t exchange at the airport. Buy your currency before you leave or wait until you head into the city center to avoid high airport rates.
Compare money transfer services
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
If you’re heading to Edmonton and need cash, research ahead of time to get the best deal on the exchange. And if your money needs to get there without you, compare money transfer providers to find the best exchange rate.
More guides on Finder
Today’s trending Reddit stocks
We’ve pulled a list together of the meme stocks being mentioned most on Reddit in the past 24 hours.
Binance NFT Marketplace Review and Guide
The Binance NFT Marketplace offers one of the safest NFT marketplaces for creating, buying and selling NFTs.
How to buy Ethereum (ETH) with a Credit Card
Credit cards are a popular way for buying Ethereum (ETH). Learn how you can do the same by reading this guide.
Best Dogecoin wallets (DOGE)
Looking for the best Dogecoin wallet? Here are the five best options for storing your Doge
How to buy Solana (SOL) with Credit Card
Your step-by-step guide to buying Solana with a credit card.
A beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Litecoin with PayPal in the US
Litecoin is one of four cryptocurrencies now offered by the global payments provider PayPal. Find out how to buy and sell Litecoin as well as the transaction fees involved when purchasing this cryptocurrency.
How to buy Ethereum with PayPal in the US
Find out how to purchase Ether with Paypal.
Axos Invest Self-Directed Trading review
Features and fees to consider before you sign up for an Axos Invest account.
Chainlink (LINK) price prediction 2021
Guide to the price of Chainlink, along with predictions and commentary from finance experts.