Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best places to exchange currency in Edmonton
Find the best deal on cash in Canada's Festival City.
Updated . What changed?
Spend more time exploring Edmonton and less time searching for ATMs. Exchanging cash at a currency office or, even better, before your trip is key to seeing more sights like the Muttart Conservatory or TELUS World of Science. Make a plan to secure Canadian dollars now so you can focus on the fun part of your trip.
Where can I exchange my money in Edmonton?
You can find Calforex branches in South Edmonton and West Edmonton Mall. It’s open seven days a week and has over 100 currencies in stock.
2. International Currency Exchange
ICE is conveniently located at Edmonton City Centre and the international airport. You can order your cash online and pick it up seven days a week.
3. Unimoni Exchange
Located off Calgary Trail South near Whitemud Drive, Unimoni is open six days a week and you can pay with cash or debit card on site. If you want to learn more about Unimoni, check out our full review.
Tips for getting the best deal when exchanging money
- Do a quick comparison. Most foreign exchange vendors have online calculators that you can use to find the best deal.
- Know the interbank rate. Look for the interbank rate, also known as the mid-market rate, on Google or Reuters before you start shopping. This will let you know how wide a margin each company is charging.
- Opt for cash over card. Your bank might ding you with hidden charges and fees on the other end.
- Avoid ATMs. ATMs are run by banks who are notorious for offering dismal exchange rates. Visit a reputable foreign exchange service to save money on your next transaction.
- Don’t exchange at the airport. Buy your currency before you leave or wait until you head into the city center to avoid high airport rates.
Compare money transfer services
If your money needs to get to Edmonton without you, use one of these international money transfer providers for the best deal.
If you’re heading to Edmonton and need cash, research ahead of time to get the best deal on the exchange. And if your money needs to get there without you, compare money transfer providers to find the best exchange rate.
More guides on Finder
Best balance transfer credit cards of 2021
Here are our top balance transfer picks for 2021.
What are the best stocks of 2021?
Our algorithm selected 20 Aussie stocks worth watching in 2021.
Sigue international money transfers review
Sigue offers speedy money transfers to 50+ countries, but you have to set up a transfer to see the transaction fees.
NAS drive buying guide
Find the right network attached storage device for your home with this detailed NAS drive buyer’s guide.
Power bank buying guide: How to find the best portable charger for your devices
We’ll help you choose the right power bank for your devices. Learn how to compare power bank capacity, ports and other features.
Best secured credit cards of 2021
Our top picks can help you build your credit without paying sky-high fees.
Best student credit cards
Our top picks for cards across 7 student categories, including international students, first-time cardholders and cashback.
Boss Revolution money transfer review
Join Boss Revolution with an email address and phone number, and send money within minutes.
Best airline credit cards of 2021
Have your sights set on travel this year? We compared nearly 100 cards to find the best deals and perks.
Best store credit cards of 2021
Here are our picks for the best store cards of the year.