Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best places to exchange currency in Calgary
Find the best deal on Canadian dollars for your trip to Stampede City.
Finding a currency exchange in Calgary shouldn’t eat into your time spent in the city. Instead, use our list of currency exchanges in Calgary to quickly change your money for Canadian dollars and start enjoying your time without further delay. Each exchange offers something slightly different, whether that be stronger rates or lower fees.
So which foreign currency exchange is the best fit for you?
Where can I exchange my money in Calgary?
1. Canex Forex Currency Services
You can find this kiosk at Barclay Parade near Eau Claire park, open six days a week. You can buy your currency online first, and there’s also a best rate guarantee and currency buyback program.
2. Calforex Currency Service
Look for Calforex at both the CORE shopping centre and the Chinook Mall. It’s open seven days a week and offers over 100 currencies for exchange.
3. International Currency Exchange
ICE has two locations, at the Calgary Market Mall and at First Canadian Centre, close to Courthouse Park. For a better deal, you can order your currencies online and pick them up in store seven days a week.
Tips for getting the best deal when exchanging money
- Look for the best deal online. You should compare the rates of three to four foreign exchange services before you head out the door to be sure you get the best rate.
- Know what the market is doing. Do a quick online search on Google or Reuters to see what the mid-market rate is sitting at. This is the rate the banks trade at and you should look for an exchange rate that’s as close as possible.
- Avoid paying with plastic. You can save money on hidden charges and poor exchange rates if you opt to pay with cash instead of card.
- Walk away from ATMs. ATMs can be convenient but are also expensive for foreign currencies. Look for a decent kiosk to get better rates and avoid hidden charges.
- Don’t exchange money at the airport. Airport vendors often offer even worse rates and fees than ATMs. Plan ahead by buying currency before you leave or waiting until you get to the city center.
Compare money transfer services
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
If you’re visiting Calgary, hit up an exchange company in the city for the best rates on cash. And if you’re just sending money, compare transfer providers to get the best exchange rate.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Bitcoin (BTC) in the US
Want to buy bitcoin but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions on how and where to buy BTC in the US.
What is Compound Finance?
We explore how to use Compound Finance for lending and borrowing.
Coinbase vs Robinhood
Discover which exchange is better suited to cryptocurrency trading after comparing things like fees, security and features.
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card Review
An enticing and easy-to-use 5% cashback card.
Metamask wallet review and guide
All you need to know about Metamask – the browser extension digital wallet and a user-friendly bridge to the world of Ethereum decentralised applications.
Coinbase vs Coinbase Pro
We compare Coinbase and Coinbase Pro side-by-side so you can see the differences in fees, features, supported cryptocurrencies and more.
Bitcoin cloud mining
Read the full guide to Bitcoin cloud mining to see how these questionable services operate.
Edward Jones review
Edward Jones is a full-service brokerage firm that grants every investment account access to a financial advisor.
Mortgage brokers versus banks
Check out our guide on the differences between mortgage brokers and bank loan officers. See which one will suit your needs.
Cryptocurrency staking guide: How to stake coins for rewards
Staking is one of the most popular ways to earn an income with cryptocurrency – learn how to get started with this guide.