Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best places to exchange currency in Calgary
Find the best deal on Canadian dollars for your trip to Stampede City.
Updated . What changed?
Finding a currency exchange in Calgary shouldn’t eat into your time spent in the city. Instead, use our list of currency exchanges in Calgary to quickly change your money for Canadian dollars and start enjoying your time without further delay. Each exchange offers something slightly different, whether that be stronger rates or lower fees.
So which foreign currency exchange is the best fit for you?
Where can I exchange my money in Calgary?
1. Canex Forex Currency Services
You can find this kiosk at Barclay Parade near Eau Claire park, open six days a week. You can buy your currency online first, and there’s also a best rate guarantee and currency buyback program.
2. Calforex Currency Service
Look for Calforex at both the CORE shopping centre and the Chinook Mall. It’s open seven days a week and offers over 100 currencies for exchange.
3. International Currency Exchange
ICE has two locations, at the Calgary Market Mall and at First Canadian Centre, close to Courthouse Park. For a better deal, you can order your currencies online and pick them up in store seven days a week.
Tips for getting the best deal when exchanging money
- Look for the best deal online. You should compare the rates of three to four foreign exchange services before you head out the door to be sure you get the best rate.
- Know what the market is doing. Do a quick online search on Google or Reuters to see what the mid-market rate is sitting at. This is the rate the banks trade at and you should look for an exchange rate that’s as close as possible.
- Avoid paying with plastic. You can save money on hidden charges and poor exchange rates if you opt to pay with cash instead of card.
- Walk away from ATMs. ATMs can be convenient but are also expensive for foreign currencies. Look for a decent kiosk to get better rates and avoid hidden charges.
- Don’t exchange money at the airport. Airport vendors often offer even worse rates and fees than ATMs. Plan ahead by buying currency before you leave or waiting until you get to the city center.
Compare money transfer services
If you need to send money to someone in Calgary, use a money transfer provider to get the best rates.
If you’re visiting Calgary, hit up an exchange company in the city for the best rates on cash. And if you’re just sending money, compare transfer providers to get the best exchange rate.
More guides on Finder
Should you sell on Poshmark or Tradesy?
Compare pros and cons of selling on Poshmark vs. Tradesy to help you get the most for your secondhand clothing, shoes and accessories.
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Best balance transfer credit cards of 2021
Here are our top balance transfer picks for 2021.
Best business credit cards for 2021
Here are our top picks for 2021.
What are the best stocks of 2021?
Our algorithm selected 20 Aussie stocks worth watching in 2021.
Sigue international money transfers review
Sigue offers speedy money transfers to 50+ countries, but you have to set up a transfer to see the transaction fees.
Best secured credit cards of 2021
Our top picks can help you build your credit without paying sky-high fees.
Best student credit cards
Our top picks for cards across 7 student categories, including international students, first-time cardholders and cashback.
Boss Revolution money transfer review
Join Boss Revolution with an email address and phone number, and send money within minutes.
Best cashback credit cards
The top cards often have cashback rewards of 5% or more. But which one is the best for you depends on how you spend.