Seeking a business equipment loan? This online lending marketplace connects borrowers to potential lenders.
If you need to finance a large piece of equipment or inventory, an equipment business loan can help you make that happen. We evaluate a business loan option with Currency Capital to help simplify your decision.
|Product Name||Currency Capital business loan|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||25 years|
- Minimum personal credit score of 585
- Revenue generating business that’s at least 6 months old
- Annual revenue of $75,000+
- Net loss no greater than 10% over the past 12 months
First, do I qualify?
Here’s the criteria you need to be eligible for a Currency Capital loan:
- You must have a personal credit score of at least 585.
- Your business must be at least six months old.
- You must bring in at least $75,000 in annual revenue.
- You must not have a net loss greater than 10% from the past 12 months.
What is Currency Capital?
Currency Capital is a lending marketplace designed to connect borrowers with potential loan providers. It’s not a direct provider, but instead evaluates your business and potentially connects you with a suitable lender for your financial needs.
Currency Capital provides business loans exclusively for equipment financing. It’s helped facilitate over $500 million in business equipment loans over the last decade. You can get access to funds in as little as 24 hours.
What makes a Currency Capital loan unique?
Currency Capital offers sizable equipment loans of up to $2 million in as little as 24 hours following application approval. This free service provides loan specialists to work with you one on one to secure the best rate and loan for your business.
Unlike traditional loan providers, like financial institutions, the Currency Capital application process takes place entirely online, which is why it’s able to offer such quick funding turnaround.
What are the benefits of a Currency Capital business loan?
- Apply online. Complete your loan application with Currency Capital entirely online, which means you can skip the hassle of booking an appointment.
- Speedy application assessment. Currency Capital won’t leave you hanging — most borrowers receive an application approval or denial within minutes.
- Sizable loans. Facing a large purchase? Currency Capital offers equipment financing of up to $2 million.
- Swift access to funds. Most loans through Currency Capital are funded Up to 6 business days of application submission.
What to watch out for
Currency Capital offers large equipment loans and can connect you to viable lenders in minutes, but this provider isn’t without its drawbacks:
- Stiff borrowing requirements. Even though Currency Capital isn’t a direct lender, it requires its loan applicants to meet a number of strict requirements, including a minimum credit score of 585 and a minimum annual revenue of $75,000.
- Restricted loan use. Unlike many other business loans, Currency Capital restricts the use of its loans to equipment financing.
- Additional fees. Because Currency Capital isn’t a direct lender, it can’t guarantee what loan fees could potentially be charged by your loan provider. In fact, some borrowers with this lender accuse Currency Capital of withdrawing hefty loan processing fees from their accounts before funding was even finalized.
- Business lien required. Loans are secured with a lien filed by Currency Capital that covers the piece of equipment being financed and the rest of your business’s assets.
- Potentially predatory practices by partner lenders. Negative reviews of this provider suggest that lenders in Currency Capital’s network may be guilty of partaking in predatory lending practices, including soliciting businesses with preapproved credit cards and withdrawing loan fees and initial lease payments without the borrower’s consent. To avoid a potential scam, confirm the lender you’re connected with is legitimate before signing a loan agreement.
Compare business loans from top lenders
What do borrowers say about Currency Capital?
Reviews are mixed. Praises include mentions of good customer service and communication while many negative reviews cite predatory practices from business lenders people were connected with through Currency Capital.
Currency Capital has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since November 2016. They received an A+ in the BBB overall rating system — however, their 57% positive customer review rating is a bit skewed since there were only seven reviews to count. Among the three negative reviews, customers warned against third-party harassment calls and the importance of reading the fine print before signing any loan.
While Currency Capital was not reviewed on Trustpilot, it’s received overall positive satisfaction ratings on other review sites. Positive reviewers praised Currency’s loan agents, called “Relationship Managers” for their knowledge and efficient communication. However, after receiving preapproval notices for credit cards they didn’t want, others cited combative and aggressive customer service when asking to be removed from their mailing list.
Even worse, some reviews suggested the company withdrew initial lease payments without the borrowers approval. Reviewers of Currency Capital warn potential borrowers to carefully read the fine print of their loan documents before agreeing to do business with this lender.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a loan through Currency Capital, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a US citizen with a personal credit score of at least 585.
- Your business must be at least six months old.
- You must have a minimum annual revenue of at least $75,000.
- You must have a net loss of no more than 10% over the past 12 months.
How do I apply?
A loan specialist from Currency Capital will contact you to continue the application process.
What documents do I need to apply?
- Proof of your Social Security number.
- A void check from your business checking account.
- Business bank statements from the previous three months.
I got the Currency Capital business loan. Now what?
- Review your loan agreement. Every lender is different, so the terms and rates you’re offered are specific to your lender. Make sure you understand what’s in your loan agreement, including how frequently you’re expected to make payments and when.
- Be aware of prepayment fees. If you’re able to pay off your loan early, be sure to look into whether there are prepayment fees associated with your loan. Some lenders charge a fee for paying off your loan early.
Currency Capital is a lending marketplace that can connect borrowers with lenders that offer equipment financing. With the convenience of an online application and the opportunity for rapid funding, a loan through Currency Capital could help you take advantage of a time-sensitive purchasing opportunity.
But eligible borrowers with Currency Capital need to have high personal credit scores and must be willing to put their business up as collateral to secure the loan. And poor online reviews of Currency Capital suggest this lender solicits businesses with preapproved credit cards and charges its potential borrowers hefty loan processing fees before their loan is even finalized.
More flexible lending opportunities could be available elsewhere, so explore other loan options before committing to a provider.