We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
An easy way to monitor exchange rates and send money around the world
Currencies Direct’s goal is to eliminate commissions and other hidden fees commonly found at banks. To accomplish this goal, it offers tools and services such as rate watch, limit orders, regular transfers with fixed rates and spot and forward contracts.
There are no charges for most transactions and no hidden fees or commissions. And if Currencies Direct does charge for a service, they’ll tell you upfront so you know exactly what it’s going to cost you. 90% of their transactions are free.
|Product Name||Currencies Direct International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 0|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
Minimum transfer time
|Banking Partner||Currencies Direct|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EGP, EUR, FJD, GBP, HKD, JPY, NOK, NZD, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||EUR 0|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
International money transfers across the world
Send money abroad more quickly than the banks and at a better rate. That’s the promise Currencies Direct makes to its customers trying to get their money overseas.
You can send money to any location in the world. Whether it’s business or personal, as long as there’s a bank or account to store it in, Currencies Direct will send it.
- No hidden fees. 90% of transactions with Currencies Direct come with no fees.
- Same day transfers. Depending on the currency and where you’re transferring it, funds are sent that same day.
- Customer service. Currencies Direct has a reputation for great customer service, receiving the highest possible rating from Dun & Bradstreet .
How much does Currencies Direct cost?
Most transfers come with no fees. If they do charge for a service, you’ll be told upfront so you know exactly what you’ll be paying.
Currencies Direct exchange rates
Currencies Direct buys currency at a wholesale rate and passes on the savings they receive from buying in bulk to their customers. The exchange rate changes every few seconds, but once you agree on a rate, that’s the rate you’ll get.
They also keep a close eye on exchange rates to make sure you get the best outcome for your money. Its rate watch service allows you to specify your ideal exchange rate range so that you can be notified by email as soon as the rate hits, allowing you to act immediately. And it updates global exchange rates every 15 minutes for reliable, up-to-date data.
If you have the time and patience, Currencies Direct’s limit orders let you set a specific rate for the amount of money you want to exchange. When that rate finally hits, simply respond to the notification with your authorization, and the exchange will proceed immediately without a hassle. Users speak highly of this service, as well as Currencies Direct’s easy-to-use website. An operator will even walk you through the process by phone.
Calculate your exchange rate with Currencies Direct
Rates change by the minute, and the rate you see here may change once you get to the Currencies Direct site.
What type of transfers does Currencies Direct support?
Transfer money online or through their mobile app. Choose from:
- Spot contracts. Make an immediate transfer with a spot contract.
- Forward contracts. Lock in a favorable exchange rate now and make the transfer up to 1 year from that date.
- Recurring payments. Need to make a monthly mortgage payment oversees? Currencies Direct will automate your monthly payments.
- Limit orders. Select a target rate and Currencies Direct will send your money when that rate is met.
Currencies Direct offers tailored international payments solutions for your business, including:
- Incoming payments. With Currencies Direct you can collect funds in GBP, EUR, USD and JPY.
- Outgoing payments. Make payments online 24/7 in more than 120 currencies.
- Risk management solutions. Get a personalized risk management strategy.
- Online sellers. Set up a multi-currency account, and receive payments and pay international suppliers with no monthly service fee.
What are the Pros and cons of using Currencies Direct?
- Competitive exchange rates. Interbank rates that are updated every few seconds.
- Flexible amounts. Low minimum transfer amount.
- Rate alerts. Get alerts when the market reaches your ideal transfer rate.
- 60 supported currencies. Does not support all global currencies.
- No cash pickup. Bank-to-bank wire transfers only.
Opening an account with Currencies Direct
To transfer money with Currencies Direct, you must open a free account as part of your initial transfer. Sending money is a two-step process, with your funds transferred first to your Currencies Direct account and then to your recipient.
To open an account, you’ll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- A government-issued ID — for example, your driver’s license — or other proof of address.
- A valid payment method.
How to transfer your money online
Follow these steps to set up your Currencies Direct account and transfer your money.
Currencies Direct has years of experience in the international money transfer game, and with their promise to beat the banks, it’s a strong contender to consider for your next currency exchange.