Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Best cruises for honeymoons
Stick that “just married” sign on the hull of these love boats.
Burnt out from planning your wedding? On these cruises, all the details are taken care of — all you have to do is relax in the company of your main squeeze.
Best cruises for honeymoons
- Honeymoon package: No — but wine, beer and spirits are included in your fare.
- Most romantic cabins: Suites. You'll get English butler service and in-suite afternoon tea with your sweetie.
- Travel style: Intimate, immersive.
Plus, gratuities, shore excursions and alcoholic beverages are included in the fare — so the need for careful budgeting ends here.
Viking River Cruises
- Honeymoon package: No — but regular fare covers all amenities.
- Most romantic cabins: Take your pick — every cabin has a window so you can watch the countryside pass by.
- Travel style: Luxury river cruises.
- Honeymoon package: Yes — a variety of honeymoon packages can include dinner for two, a dozen red roses, breakfast in bed, couples massages and more.
- Most romantic cabins: Deluxe Owner's Suite in The Haven. Located at the top of the ship, The Haven is an exclusive enclave of rooms and suites that come with a concierge and 24-hour butler.
- Travel style: Casual, with excellent on-board entertainment.
Dine when and where you choose, dance the night away at a deck party and enjoy Broadway style shows, live music and comedy. Its private island called Great Stirrup Cay is available on select Bahamas sailings.
- Honeymoon package: No — but expert wine selections are included with each meal.
- Most romantic cabins: Panorama suites feature nearly 11-foot wide panoramic windows and open-air balconies.
- Travel style: Low-key luxury.
Avalon's river cruises are excellent for active couples who'd like to bike, hike or kayak through new destinations.
- Honeymoon package: No — but your fare includes unlimited champagne.
- Most romantic cabins: Owner's suites. They're like a mini mansion at sea.
- Travel style: Ultra-luxury.
- Honeymoon package: Honeymoon/anniversary celebration packages include champagne, long-stemmed roses, framed portraits, spa treatments and more.
- Most romantic cabins: Balcony staterooms include a private balcony with two chairs and a table.
- Travel style: À la carte pampering.
Let's suffice to say Princess Cruises knows romance. After all, it did own the original Love Boat.
- Honeymoon package: Book a romance package for newlywed bliss.
- Most romantic cabins: Suites include exclusive experiences and complimentary champagne.
- Travel style: Fun, active and ready to party.
Shake and shimmy your way into a life together — the high-energy activities aboard Royal Caribbean ships never end.
- Honeymoon package: The Classic celebration package includes flowers, wine and chocolate-covered strawberries. The Deluxe and Premium packages up the ante even further with champagne, in-cabin breakfast and more.
- Most romantic cabins: Private balcony suites come with a private butler and access to an exclusive restaurant and lounge.
- Travel style: Sophisticated and adventurous.
How we chose these cruises
When choosing cruises for this list, we looked at packages and perks for newlyweds, prioritizing cruise companies that intentionally cultivate a romantic atmosphere for couples on board. We favored cruise lines that have a reputation for pampering guests with all-included, luxury amenities. Additionally, we weighed the quality of food, wine and spirits on board against price point and over all value.
We also factored in the quality of routes available from each cruise line, choosing companies that offer well-paced itineraries with port stops at romantic cities, remote beaches and bucket list destinations. Finally, we sought out customer reviews on travel websites and personal travel blogs, considering first-person experiences from couples that’ve sailed off into the sunset on their own honeymoon.
Top deals for cruising couples on their honeymoon
Cruising is one of the best ways to honeymoon, hands down. It combines the bliss of an escape from everyday life with the total surrender of resort vacations. Before booking your cruise for two, check for deals and discounts to curb the cost.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert