Cricket Wireless prepaid phone plans review
Get on the network of a big name company without the big price tag.
Cricket Wireless is a prepaid service owned by AT&T. There are no contracts, no credit checks and what you see is what you pay. Find out about its beloved customer experience, costs, fees and features.
How much do Cricket Wireless prepaid phone plans cost?
Take a look at what prepaid plans Cricket Wireless has to offer.
|Cricket Unlimited||$55/month||Yes, $5/month off monthly bill|
|Cricket Unlimited + 15 GB mobile hotspot||$60/month||Yes, $5/month off monthly bill|
Cricket prepaid phone plan features
- Wi-Fi calling
- Mobile hotspot
- Bring your own device
- Keep your phone number
- International service add-on
- Rollover data
- No autopay discount
Are there other discounts available?
Save every month with these deals:
- Save $5 every month by enrolling in AutoPay. This offer only applies to plans with data and those not currently receiving the Group Save discount or other promotional offers.
- Add more lines to your plan to receive a monthly discount of up to $70.
- Refer a friend to Cricket Wireless and earn a $25 account credit (up to 10 referrals in a calendar year).
Is there a data cap or speed throttling?
Yes, Cricket Wireless may temporarily throttle your data speeds if the network is congested on its unlimited plans. For its data packages, it’ll only slow your speed after you’ve reached your plan’s data allowance.
Pros and cons of Cricket Wireless prepaid phone plans
Here are a few reasons to love Cricket Wireless and some things to consider before signing up.
- Award-winning customer experience. Ranked #1 for Wireless Purchase Experience Non-Contract Full-Service Study by J.D. Power two years in a row.
- Excellent coverage. Cricket Wireless uses AT&T’s network, which covers over 99% of Americans.
- BridgePay. If you need a few extra days to pay your bill, you can activate BridgePay for $5 on a single-line account ($10 on a multiline account), which splits your bill into two payments. After you make the first payment, you’ll get seven extra days to make your second.
- Monthly taxes included. The price you see is what you pay. No surprises at checkout.
- Fees. Cricket Wireless has an assortment of charges for in-store transactions, including phone activation, payments and device upgrades. Save money by shopping online.
- No data rollover. You can’t keep your unused data.
- Mobile hotspot costs extra. Only a Cricket Wireless unlimited LTE plan lets you use your phone as a mobile hotspot. The unlimited plan gives you 10GB of data for $10.
Compare Cricket Wireless with other prepaid plans
How do I sign up for a Cricket Wireless prepaid plan?
Signing up for a Cricket Wireless plan is straightforward and doesn’t require a credit check.
- Go to the Cricket Wireless homepage.
- Choose Browse plans in the menu bar.
- Select how many lines you need.
- Under Get started, select Shop phones if you need to buy one or choose Bring your own phone if you have your own.
- Pick a phone and choose whether you need a phone number. Select Add to cart.
- Decide whether you want to add device insurance.
- Select the monthly plan that’s right for you. Select Add to cart.
- Enter your ZIP code to generate a local phone number. Select Go to cart.
- Select Checkout.
- Fill out your info and billing information and place your order.
Is a Cricket Wireless prepaid phone plan worth it?
Yes. A Cricket Wireless plan uses the network of a big name company without the big price tag. For faster 5G access, you might consider another prepaid provider.