Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Fingerhut credit accounts
Build credit while you shop for almost anything.
Two things may happen when you apply through the retailer’s site to become a Fingerhut member:
- You’ll be approved for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
- If your credit profile doesn’t qualify for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account, you’ll be processed for a Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account. As always, approval is never guaranteed.
Fingerhut reports your payment history to the three major credit bureaus — Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. If your credit isn’t where you want it to be, a Fingerhut credit account may help build it.
Fingerhut credit accounts and how they work
Fingerhut offers two credit products. Depending on your credit profile, you may be approved for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account or the Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account.
WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account
- No annual fee. You can join Fingerhut without paying a membership fee.
- Build credit. Fingerhut reports your payment history to the three major credit bureaus, which can help you build your credit when you make payments on time and in full.
- Potentially low monthly payments. Depending on your account balance, you might owe just a few dollars each month to pay off your purchases.
The WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account is a line of credit you can use with Fingerhut and select partners. You can spend up to your credit limit and pay off your purchases over time. Minimum payments are determined based on your Fingerhut balance. Here are a few ranges of account balances and their estimated minimum payments.
|If your account balance is…||Your minimum payment is…|
|Up to $6.98||100% of balance|
|$6.99 to $44.99||$6.99|
|$45.00 to $69.99||$7.99|
|$70.00 to $99.99||$8.99|
|$100.00 to $124.99||$10.99|
Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account
- No annual fee. You won’t have to pay a membership fee to get started with Fingerhut.
- Potential Fingerhut credit line. If you pay off your account with no derogatory marks, you could qualify for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
- Potentially low monthly payments. You could pay just a few dollars a month while paying off your purchases.
The Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account is an installment loan. If you’re approved for it, you can get it by purchasing an item worth at least $50 from the Fingerhut store and making a $30 down payment. Over the next six to eight months you’ll pay off the remainder of the item’s balance — including finance charges. If you pay off the purchase within six months with no late payments, you can potentially graduate to a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
Here’s an example payment table from Fingerhut’s terms and conditions:
|Cash price of product||$50||$100|
|Terms of repayment||6 monthly payments of $3.63||6 monthly payments of $12.71|
What's in this guide?
- Fingerhut credit accounts and how they work
- Compare Fingerhut products
- How to apply for a Fingerhut product
- Typical features and benefits of a Fingerhut credit account
- How does Fingerhut keep my credit card information secure?
- Full list of Fingerhut credit cards
- Bottom line
- Frequently asked questions
Compare Fingerhut products
How to apply for a Fingerhut product
- Go to the provider's site and click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form with your personal details. Required information includes your address, annual income and Social Security number.
- Look over your application and submit it.
Typical features and benefits of a Fingerhut credit account
- Credit reporting. Fingerhut says it reports your payment history to credit bureaus. This can help you increase your credit score.
- No annual fee. With other online retailers, you may pay membership fees to buy products.
- Range of monthly payments. You might receive a low monthly minimum payment depending on your purchase volume.
- Quick credit decision. Once you apply for a Fingerhut account, you’ll typically receive a decision almost immediately.
- Get started quickly. After you’re approved, you can typically start buying products right away.
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
How does Fingerhut keep my credit card information secure?
Fingerhut’s application is secured by an SSL certificate from GeoTrust, a leading certificate provider. According to Fingerhut, it uses the “latest tools and technology to protect your personal information.”
Fingerhut adheres to the policies of the Direct Marketing Association Privacy Promise. The company won’t share your information with other companies if you opt out.
Full list of Fingerhut credit cards
With Fingerhut’s credit options you can shop over 450,000 products online and pay them off in monthly payments. What’s more, Fingerhut can help you build credit, as it reports your payment history to the three major credit bureaus.
But if you’re not sure whether Fingerhut’s credit products would be the right choice for your situation, compare other store cards for bad credit.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
X1 Card review This metal card adjusts your limit based on your income.
Which credit cards have gotten better during COVID-19? Earn more rewards on select categories or get an extension of some travel perks.
BMW MINI Card review A decent rewards card for MINI and BMW fans.
SoFi Credit Card review A new 2% cashback card enters the ring.
United® Credit Card from First Hawaiian Bank review A select few have access to this United card.
Guide to Chase military credit card benefits Chase offers a simple, strong military benefit.
Best credit cards for consultants Travel credit cards can offer top-notch rewards for consultants.
Karat Black Card Review A card for influencers who can’t find the right traditional card.
What should you do after your credit card application is denied? Have you been 'friend-zoned' by every credit card you long for? Read what the experts have to say about pivoting towards success after your credit card application has been rejected.
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard® Secured Credit Card review You can save on interest — but probably not enough to justify paying a $49 annual fee.
Ask an Expert