We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Fingerhut credit accounts
Build credit while you shop for almost anything.
Fingerhut is an online retailer selling name-brand products in categories such as electronics, clothing, toys, health, beauty and more. You can purchase items from the site and pay for them over time with a Fingerhut credit account.
Two things may happen when you apply through the retailer’s site to become a Fingerhut member:
- You’ll be approved for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
- If your credit profile doesn’t qualify for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account, you’ll be processed for a Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account. As always, approval is never guaranteed.
Fingerhut reports your payment history to the three major credit bureaus. If your credit isn’t where you want it to be, a Fingerhut credit account may help build it.
What's in this guide?
- Fingerhut credit accounts and how they work
- Compare Fingerhut products
- Full list of Fingerhut credit cards
- How to apply for a Fingerhut product
- Typical features and benefits of a Fingerhut credit account
- How does Fingerhut keep my credit card information secure?
- Bottom line
- Frequently asked questions
Fingerhut credit accounts and how they work
Fingerhut offers two credit products. Depending on your credit profile, you may be approved for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account or the Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account.
WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account
- No annual fee. You can join Fingerhut without paying a membership fee.
- Build credit. Fingerhut reports your payment history to the three major credit bureaus, which can help you build your credit when you make payments on time and in full.
- Potentially low monthly payments. Depending on your account balance, you might owe just a few dollars each month to pay off your purchases.
The WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account is a line of credit you can use with Fingerhut and select partners. You can spend up to your credit limit and pay off your purchases over time. Minimum payments are determined based on your Fingerhut balance. Here are a few ranges of account balances and their estimated minimum payments.
|If your account balance is…||Your minimum payment is…|
|Up to $6.98||100% of balance|
|$6.99 to $44.99||$6.99|
|$45.00 to $69.99||$7.99|
|$70.00 to $99.99||$8.99|
|$100.00 to $124.99||$10.99|
Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account
- No annual fee. You won’t have to pay a membership fee to get started with Fingerhut.
- Potential Fingerhut credit line. If you pay off your account with no derogatory marks, you could qualify for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
- Potentially low monthly payments. You could pay just a few dollars a month while paying off your purchases.
The Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account is an installment loan. If you’re approved for it, you can get it by purchasing an item worth at least $50 from the Fingerhut store and making a $30 down payment. Over the next six to eight months you’ll pay off the remainder of the item’s balance — including finance charges. If you pay off the purchase within six months with no late payments, you can potentially graduate to a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
Here’s an example payment table from Fingerhut’s terms and conditions:
|Cash price of product||$50||$100|
|Terms of repayment||6 monthly payments of $3.63||6 monthly payments of $12.71|
Compare Fingerhut products
Full list of Fingerhut credit cards
How to apply for a Fingerhut product
- Click apply now.
- Fill out the application form with your personal details. Required information includes your address, annual income and Social Security number.
- Look over your application and submit it.
Typical features and benefits of a Fingerhut credit account
- Credit reporting. Fingerhut says it reports your payment history to credit bureaus. This can help you increase your credit score.
- No annual fee. With other online retailers, you may pay membership fees to buy products.
- Range of monthly payments. You might receive a low monthly minimum payment depending on your purchase volume.
- Quick credit decision. Once you apply for a Fingerhut account, you’ll typically receive a decision almost immediately.
- Get started quickly. After you’re approved, you can typically start buying products right away.
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
How does Fingerhut keep my credit card information secure?
Fingerhut’s application is secured by an SSL certificate from GeoTrust, a leading certificate provider. According to Fingerhut, it uses the “latest tools and technology to protect your personal information.”
Fingerhut adheres to the policies of the Direct Marketing Association Privacy Promise. The company won’t share your information with other companies if you opt out.
Use Fingerhut’s credit options to shop over 450,000 products online. Fingerhut may be a good choice if you want to build credit, as it reports your payment history to credit bureaus.
Rates and fees
Read more about the rates and fees for the Fingerhut credit products.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Visa price protection: Do I get it and how does it work? You’ll find this benefit with select Visa credit cards.
BMW Card for Motorrad review A card with a narrow focus and big constraints.
Lexus Pursuits Visa® review Earn accelerated reward points at Lexus dealerships, on gas, dining and entertainment.
QuadPay Visa Card review: Buy now, pay over six weeks Use this virtual card to pay for purchases in installments.
Belk Rewards Mastercard® review A modest rewards card for a rather niche clothing retailer.
Expedia® Rewards CARD from Citi vs Expedia Rewards Voyager Card Which of these credit cards would you choose to better fit your budget?
Does Discover offer virtual credit cards? A useful security feature for online shoppers, but it’s not offered by all card providers.
Virtual credit cards: How do they work Virtual credit cards can keep your information safe when shopping online.
What’s Citi’s 48-Month rule? Citi imposed a 48-month rule that affects the signup bonus of select credit cards.
Mastercard concierge - How does it work? Three types of Mastercard credit cards offer excellent concierge services.
Ask an Expert