Build credit while you shop for almost anything.
Fingerhut is an online retailer selling name-brand products in categories such as electronics, clothing, toys, health, beauty and more. You can purchase items from the site and pay for them over time with a Fingerhut credit account.
Two things may happen when you apply through the retailer’s site to become a Fingerhut member:
- You’ll be approved for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
- If your credit profile doesn’t qualify for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account, you’ll be processed for a Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account. As always, approval is never guaranteed.
Fingerhut reports your payment history to the three major credit bureaus. If your credit isn’t where you want it to be, a Fingerhut credit account may help build it.
Fingerhut credit accounts and how they work
Fingerhut offers two credit products. Depending on your credit profile, you may be approved for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account or the Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account.
WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account
|If your account balance is…||Your minimum payment is…|
|Up to $6.98||100% of balance|
|$6.99 to $44.99||$6.99|
|$45.00 to $69.99||$7.99|
|$70.00 to $99.99||$8.99|
|$100.00 to $124.99||$10.99|
The WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account is a line of credit you can use with Fingerhut and select partners. You can spend up to your credit limit and pay off your purchases over time. Minimum payments are determined based on your Fingerhut balance. Here are a few ranges of account balances and their estimated minimum payments.
Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account
|Cash price of product||$50||$100|
|Terms of repayment||6 monthly payments of $3.63||6 monthly payments of $12.71|
The Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account is an installment loan. If you’re approved for it, you can get it by purchasing an item worth at least $50 from the Fingerhut store and making a $30 down payment. Over the next six to eight months you’ll pay off the remainder of the item’s balance — including finance charges. If you pay off the purchase within six months with no late payments, you can potentially graduate to a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
Here’s an example payment table from Fingerhut’s terms and conditions:
Typical features and benefits of a Fingerhut credit account
- Credit reporting. Fingerhut says it reports your payment history to credit bureaus. This can help you increase your credit score.
- No annual fee. With other online retailers, you may pay membership fees to buy products.
- Range of monthly payments. You might receive a low monthly minimum payment depending on your purchase volume.
- Quick credit decision. Once you apply for a Fingerhut account, you’ll typically receive a decision almost immediately.
- Get started quickly. After you’re approved, you can typically start buying products right away.
How to apply for a Fingerhut product
- Visit the Fingerhut website. Then click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form with your personal details. Required information includes your address, annual income and Social Security number.
- Look over your application and submit it.
How does Fingerhut keep my credit card information secure?
Fingerhut’s application is secured by an SSL certificate from GeoTrust, a leading certificate provider. According to Fingerhut, it uses the “latest tools and technology to protect your personal information.”
Fingerhut adheres to the policies of the Direct Marketing Association Privacy Promise. The company won’t share your information with other companies if you opt out.
Use Fingerhut’s credit options to shop over 450,000 products online. Fingerhut may be a good choice if you want to build credit, as it reports your payment history to credit bureaus.
Rates and fees
Read more about the rates and fees for the Fingerhut credit products.