We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare Comenity credit cards
Discover the company behind the top store cards held by more than 50 million Americans.
Comenity is a financial services company that helps retailers produce one-of-a-kind credit cards. It’s the issuing bank behind more than 150 products that include the Forever 21 Credit Card and the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card.
In fact, if you’re ever offered a store credit card, you may indirectly come into contact with Comenity. It’s been around for 30 years and boasts 50 million customers. It may just be the company behind your next favorite card.
Compare store cards issued by Comenity
Comenity offers a specific type of credit card
Who can apply for a Comenity card?
Beyond making it more fun to shop at your favorite stores, your new Comenity card can help you raise your credit score. And to sweeten the deal even more, many Comenity cards come with no annual fees.
Comenity rewards program
Comenity cards usually offer cash back or reward points. Here are a few cards and their rewards structures:
- Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard Credit Card: 5% back for every dollar you spend at Bed Bath & Beyond, 2% back for every dollar you spend on gas and groceries and 1% back for every dollar you spend on all other purchases.
- Pottery Barn Credit Card: 1 reward point per dollar spent with your card. Receive a $25 reward for every $250 you spend.
- Forever 21 Credit Card: 3x points on Forever 21 purchases. Get a $5 rewards certificate for every 300 points earned.
- J.Crew Credit Card: Earn a $10 Credit Card Reward for every $200 you spend.
Some cards don’t offer cash back or points, such as the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card.
How can you redeem rewards?
Points and cash back are usually distributed as reward certificates. For example, with the Bed Bath & Beyond Credit Account, you’ll receive certificates in $10 increments on your monthly billing statements.
The frequency of reward distribution may vary. For example, with the Eddie Bauer Credit Account, reward certificates are distributed quarterly instead of monthly. You may also need to reach a certain amount of rewards before you can redeem.
How much are rewards worth?
The standard across the credit card industry is 1 point = 1 cent. However, this rate varies widely among Comenity cards.
Typical card features and benefits of a Comenity card
A few common perks you’ll find with Comenity cards include:
- First-time discount. When you apply for a credit card, you’ll often get a percentage — sometimes 15% or more — off your purchase.
- Rewards for collecting points. Earn a certificate — typically $5 or $10 — to spend with the retailer by collecting points with each purchase you put on your card.
- Annual bonuses. Receive exclusive offers on your birthday or during special events.
- Exclusive savings. These special discounts vary among retailers.
A retailer may offer additional benefits with its card, such as free shipping or a dedicated customer service phone line.
How to apply for a Comenity credit card
To apply for a Comenity card, visit the Comenity website and click Apply now.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a residential US address.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, provide the following information:
- Your name and residential address.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth.
- Financial information like your annual income and income source.
How does Comenity keep my credit card information secure?
If there are unauthorized charges on your account, Comenity will investigate and clear them as soon as it can. Its Account Protection team monitors accounts 24/7 and will notify you if it spots unusual activity on your account. If you lose your card or it’s stolen, Comenity will issue you a new card for free.
Comenity uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to encrypt your data. It also uses a digital certificate so you can be sure you’re interacting with the real Comenity website and not a third-party site.
Compare more store credit cards
If you want more options for store credit cards, consider the products below. Some of the cards may be good choices if you’re rebuilding credit, such as the Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account.
Comenity is a big player in store credit cards. If you’ve ever applied for a store credit card, you might have interacted with the company in some way or another. It may very well be your next store-card provider.
If you’re not sure whether a Comenity product is right for you, check out other credit card providers to compare more options.
Frequently asked questions
Images: Comenity Bank
Ask an Expert