Earn points, reward nights and additional perks at Hilton hotels and resorts.
If you frequently stay at Hilton properties, having a Hilton credit card can help you save money and earn reward nights with your purchases. Each card earns points on select categories of purchases. But choosing the right card comes down to how much you’re willing to pay for your card and how often you stay at Hilton hotels and resorts.
Our pick for a Hilton credit card
Hilton Honors American Express Card
Compare Hilton credit cards
Best Hilton credit cards
Jump to …
Best Hilton credit card without an annual fee: Hilton Honors American Express Card
Hilton Honors American Express CardRead more
Best Hilton credit card for earning reward nights: Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
Hilton Honors American Express Ascend CardRead more
Best for the ultimate Hilton perks: Hilton Honors™ Aspire Card
Hilton Honors™ Aspire Card
150,000 Hilton Honors™ Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 or more in purchases with your new card within the first 3 months of card membership.
Typical benefits of a Hilton credit card
- No foreign transaction fee. You can freely use this card when traveling outside of the US without incurring any international transaction fees.
- Global assist hotline. Get 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial or other emergency assistance services when traveling more than 100 miles from home.
- Roadside assistance. For tows or getting your car battery or tire changed, call the roadside assistance hotline for assistance. Depending on which Hilton card you choose, you’ll either have to pay for all third-party costs, or you can get these services up to four times in a calendar year without paying extra.
- Travel accident insurance. When you pay for your ticket with a Hilton card, you get coverage for accidental death and dismemberment. This includes traveling by plane, train, ship or bus.
- Car rental coverage. Get coverage against theft or damage when you pay with your card and decline the collision damage waiver at the car rental counter.
- Shopping perks. With each of the Hilton credit cards you’ll get extended warranty, purchase protection, return protection and dispute resolution.
How to compare Hilton credit cards
When looking for a Hilton credit card, consider the following:
- Do you want to pay an annual fee? If you don’t, Hilton Honors American Express Card would be your only choice — but that doesn’t make it a bad card. On the contrary, you get to earn points on your purchases and can earn a solid welcome offer. Also, if you combine it with the Aspire card, you can earn even more points on your purchases.
- Do you want to earn reward nights without paying a high annual fee? The mid-tier Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card offers great Hilton perks at a $95 annual fee. With this card, you get the opportunity to take advantage of a generous welcome offer, accelerated points on select categories, 10 complimentary visits to Priority Pass Select lounges and more.
- Do you want the ultimate Hilton perks? The Hilton Honors™ Aspire Card is the top-of-the-line hotel card with a generous welcome offer, the highest point earnings on select categories and has the ultimate suite of Hilton perks — ones you can’t get with any other card. These include Weekend Night Rewards each card anniversary, unlimited Priority Pass Select lounge access, statement credit toward Hilton purchases and more.
A Hilton credit card can be a great choice if you tend to stay in any of the 5,000 hotels or resorts in the Hilton portfolio. Each of these cards earns you points with every purchase that you can then redeem for reward nights. Additional perks like no foreign transaction fees, travel accident insurance, car rental insurance and more just sweeten the deal.
Don’t hesitate to shop around and check out other travel credit cards to get the full scope of your options, especially if you’re not sure the Hilton cards fit your needs.