Compare refinancing rates and no-fee options without affecting your credit score.
Refinancing your mortgage can help you lower your monthly payments, but you’ll want to look at all of your options before deciding. Credible helps you easily compare personalized refinance rates from up to 6 different lenders in practically no time at all.
|Description||Get personalized rates in minutes and then choose a refinancing loan offer from several top online lenders.|
|Loan types||Mortgage refinancing|
|Minimum credit||Good to excellent credit|
Credible doesn’t charge any fees for using its service. Its partners pay Credible a fee, but that doesn’t impact your loan terms, rate or amount.
Credible also has five-star ratings from Trust Pilot and BBB. The company has been accredited with the BBB since 2015 and only has one relevant customer complaint.
Do I qualify for refinancing with Credible?
Credible doesn’t offer refinancing itself, but rather lets you compare several providers so you can make a well-informed decision based on your financial situation. Once you create and submit your Credible profile, you’re alerted within minutes if any of its lending partners have loan refinancing options that you may qualify for.
What can I expect with Credible?
Credible is a marketplace helping connect you with lenders who may have refinancing solutions for you. Your preapproval status, maximum refinance amount, early payment options and other details will depend on the specific lender that you choose to work with.
You can easily compare these options when you submit your Credible profile, then choose the one that works best for you.
Pros and cons
Weigh the benefits and drawbacks of using Credible to compare your mortgage refinancing options.
- No fees. Credible never charges users a fee for its comparison services.
- Soft credit check. Your credit score will not be affected when comparing loan options through Credible, since it doesn’t perform a hard credit pull.
- Best rate guarantee. Credible offers users $200 if they find a better rate elsewhere.
- Only mortgage refinancing offered. If you want to get a different type of home loan such as a conventional mortgage or a home equity line of credit, you’ll need to look elsewhere.
How do I get started?
- Go to Credible’s website and click Compare from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Mortgage Refinancing.
- Click the orange Find My Refi Rate button on the next page.
- Enter your email address and the state of your home to get started with personalized rates. You’ll be prompted to create a password for your account.
- Answer the short questionnaire, then Credible will alert you with available loan options that you can compare.
To create a Credible profile, you’ll need to enter some basic information like:
- Your name and address
- Your refinancing goals
- Estimated property value
- Your annual income
- Your current rent or mortgage payment
If you choose to move forward with a loan refi option presented to you through Credible, you’ll need to provide additional documentation. Most lenders will ask for the following:
- Driver’s license, state ID or US passport
- Pay stubs, W-2 forms and/or 1099 forms
- A payoff statement from your current lender
I refinanced. Now what?
Once you’ve compared your options and completed the refinancing process with your new lender, check these items off your to-do list:
- Touch base with your previous lender to make sure they received the funds and necessary documentation.
- Be sure all autopay setups with your previous lender are cancelled.
- Be aware of your new due dates verses old dates with your previous lender.
- Contact your new lender directly if you have specific questions.
Credible helps you narrow down your search for a lender to refinance your mortgage. You won’t pay a fee for this service and your credit won’t be affected. But if you’re looking for anything other than mortgage refinancing, you’ll need to go elsewhere.
If you haven’t quite found what you were looking for, compare other loan refinancing providers who may not be partners with Credible.