Where do Costa Cruises’ ships depart from?
While most of Costa Cruises’ itineraries depart from Rome, Savona, Marseille and Barcelona, it also sails from cities in the US. Here’s where you can begin:
- Costa currently sails from:Baltimore, Barbados, Barcelona, Bermuda, Charleston, Copenhagen, Dover, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Honolulu, Jacksonville, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Mobile, New Orleans, New York City, Norfolk, Port Canaveral, San Diego, San Francisco, San Juan, Tampa, Tampa/St.Petersburg, Vancouver, Venice
Costa Cruises destinations
Costa Cruises sails around the world, but as an Italian-based company, it offers a wide breadth of itineraries to Europe and the Mediterranean. Here’s where you can go:
- Here’s where it sails to:Alaska, Bahamas, Baja Mexico, Canada and New England, Eastern Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal, Southern Caribbean, Transatlantic, Western Caribbean
Do they speak English on Costa Cruises?
Yes, there are representatives on board your Costa cruise that speaks English who introduce themselves to you at the start of the ship. Chances are high that many of the staff members speak a bit of English, as well.
However, on cruises departing from Italy in particular, the nightly events and game shows might be hosted in Italian — limiting your ability to interact. But hey, that’s an authentic travel experience, no?
Why you should (or shouldn’t) cruise with Costa Cruises
Costa Cruises offers budget trips with rich itineraries to help you cross legendary cities off your bucket list.
But American travelers should take note that Costa has a reputation for onboard service that’s distinctly European — buffets aren’t necessarily open at all hours of the day, and the focus isn’t more, more, more like you’d find on a Carnival or Royal Caribbean sailing. So instead of roller coasters and zip lines, you’ll find adequate aqua parks and a handful of organized activities each day. At night, you can enjoy live music, themed parties and a night club with a lively dance floor.
On a Costa cruise, embrace la vita Italiana — just don’t forget your wallet.
- Passengers from around the world
- European cruise focused on families
- Fitness classes included
- 4-D cinema screenings
- Programming for kids and teens
- Festive entertainment at night
- A la carte costs for Wi-Fi, gratuity and alcohol
- Gourmet food at the specialty restaurants cost extra
- Onboard activities tend to be in languages other than English
How much are gratuities on Costa Cruises?
Costa Cruises automatically charge gratuities to your account on a per person, daily basis. The exact amount varies, depending on where your cruise departs from.
A cruise with Costa can be a lovely way to see new parts of the world without using your entire vacation budget to foot the fare. But if you’re looking for a more luxurious all-inclusive experience, you may want to consider a cruise line like Crystal or Viking Cruises. If that’s not quite your style either, keep browsing to find the cruise that’s right for you.
Frequently asked questions
Latest Costa Cruises deals