Competitive Cyclist review | Fit calculator, returns and more
Gear up right for your next ride.
Competitive Cyclist combines the personalized care of a bike shop with the convenience of online shopping. Plus, its team members are cycling enthusiasts just like you.
Orders over $50
At customers expense
- Free shipping on $50+
- 10% military discount
- Detailed fit calculator on its website
- Bikes can only be returned for store credit.
Competitive Cyclist reviews and complaints
Overall, Competitive Cyclist gets rave reviews online. Most customers are thrilled with the company’s customer service, as well as its durable, high-quality products.
Negative reviews are few and far between. Customers who’ve left poor online reviews describe specific situations where a sale price didn’t apply to their order, there was a warranty mixup or other similar issue.
What you can buy from Competitive Cyclist
- Road, mountain bikes and cyclocross bikes. Shop for your new bike by type or brand, including Borealis, Ibis, Pinarello, Ridley, Yeti Cycles and more.
- Bike parts. Find all your component needs at Competitive Cyclist — from wheels and hubs to brakes, brackets and pedals.
- Accessories. Grab gear like cameras, car racks, GPS systems, helmets, water bottles and more.
- Clothing. Browse through men’s and women’s cycling apparel and shoes from brands like Gore Wear, Castelli and ASSOS.
Competitive Cyclist offers a detailed fit calculator to help you find the perfect fit for clothing, bikes and more. In general, Competitive Cyclist offers men’s and women’s apparel in sizes XS to XL. But some styles might be available in a broader size range.
Shipping, payments and returns
Can I get free delivery?
Yes! Competitive Cyclist offers free shipping on regular-size orders of $50 or more to the continental US.
Free shipping does not apply to oversize items like bikes, wheels and car racks.
Exact shipping details are shown at checkout and depend on your delivery location and the contents of your cart.
Most orders arrive within two to four business days, depending on your location. If you paid for shipping and your order takes more than seven days to arrive, Competitive Cyclist will refund your shipping costs.
As soon as your order ships, you’ll get an automated email from Competitive Cyclist with a link to UPS tracking information.
Pay for your order on Competitive Cyclist’s secure site with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, PayPal, direct bank wire or certified check.
Competitive Cyclist offers a price protection promise. So if an item you bought goes on sale with 60 days of your purchase, the company refunds you the difference. But the same size and color of item that you originally bought must be in stock.
Competitive Cyclist’s return policy
Unused gear in original packaging can be returned at any time for a full refund — minus $6.99 for return shipping.
Get store credit for returns on all bikes and used gear with within 30 days of delivery. Think there’s a manufacturing defect? Contact the Competitive Cyclist’s warranty department.
Can I exchange for a different color or size?
Yes. Most products can be exchanged if you need a different size or color. To start this process, contact customer service for assistance. Or create a return yourself by going to your Order history on Competitive Cyclist’s website.
How to return an item to Competitive Cyclist
If you want to use the supplied prepaid return shipping label to mail in your return, follow these steps:
- Obtain an RMA by either contacting Competitive Cyclist customer service or looking up your order through the Order history section on the company’s website.
- Print your return shipping label and attach it to the outside of the box.
- Package your items in the original packaging if possible.
- Drop off your package at any UPS location.
- $6.99 is deducted from your refund if you use the prepaid shipping label for your return.
- Large items that require freight shipping — such as car racks, cargo boxes and indoor cycles— may cost extra to ship.
If you’d rather just use your own shipping method and pay up front, obtain your RMA and address your package to:
Competitive Cyclist Returns Department
2607 South 3200 West, Suite A
West Valley City, UT 84119
What sets Competitive Cyclist apart?
Competitive Cyclist prides itself on offering the best of both worlds — the personalized care and attention to detail of a brick-and-mortar bike shop with the convenience, fast pace and low overhead costs of an online store.
How can I contact customer support?
To get in touch with a Competitive Cyclist customer care team member:
- Live chat online.
- Call 888-276-7130
- Fill out its online contact form to send a secure email.
The team at Competitive Cyclist loves cycling just as much as you do, so rest assured that you’re getting a quality product. Shop for high-end bikes, parts and gear here.
And check out the our top picks for indoor bike trainers if you’re looking to stay in shape during bad weather.