Earn more points on travel purchases and get flexible card services and complimentary insurance policies with the Citi ThankYou Premier Card.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The Citi ThankYou Premier Card is a new entry to the credit card market and comes with several features. The card offers 3x points on travel purchase and no annual fee for the first 12 months. There is no limit to the amount of points you can earn, and the points will not expire. You will be rewarded two ThankYou Points for each dollar spent on dining out and entertainment, and one point on all other purchases.
Citi ThankYou Premier Card review
If you spend a lot while traveling and are looking for a way to earn rewards points, the Citi ThankYou Premier Card could be the perfect solution.
Applying for the Citi ThankYou Premier Card is simple, and you can do so online or by phone. If you are approved, you have the flexibility to choose your payment due date when you sign up for the card. Additionally, you can manage and view your account online.
As you spend with the card, you will earn rewards points. This card has the best value for those who plan on redeeming their points through the ThankYou Travel Center. When you redeem your points for airfare through the ThankYou Travel Center, your ThankYou points are worth 25% more.
The Citi ThankYou Premier Card is likely to be accepted by most foreign merchants, and you can set the card up with Apple Pay.
Benefits of the Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- Travel rewards. With the card, you can earn three points per one dollar spent on travel. This even includes gas. For dining out and entertainment, you can earn two points per one dollar spent. For all other purchases, the card earn one point per dollar spent.
- No expiration. There is no expiration or limit on how many points you can earn with the card.
- Foreign transaction fees. You don’t have to worry about foreign transaction fees on purchases.
- Citi private pass. If you are a Citibank customer, you can enjoy special access to thousands of tickets for events each year. This includes pre-sale tickets to concerts, VIP packages to different events, dining experiences, movie screenings and more.
- Annual fee. With the Citi ThankYou Premier Card, you can expect to pay a $95 annual fee. This fee is waived for the first 12 months.
- APR. The purchase APR is variable, and ranges from 15.49% to 24.49% depending on your creditworthiness.
- Redeem points. You can choose to redeem your points online through ThankYou.com or over the phone.
- Savings. The card includes a Citi Price Rewind feature that lets you find out if you received the lowest price on your Citi card purchase. Citi Price Rewind will search for a lower price on the registered items that you purchase with your Citi Card. It can search hundreds of online merchants, and if it finds a lower price within 60 days of when you initially bought the item, you can receive the difference in price (up to $300 per item and $1,200 each year).
- Secure. For extra protection, the card is enhanced with EMV chip technology.
- Concierge service. The card includes 24/7 concierge service, so you can have help booking a flight or hotel room, easily and at any time.
- Travel protection. The Citi ThankYou Premier Card makes sure you are covered while traveling, and includes lost baggage protection, travel and emergency assistance, and worldwide car rental insurance. It also provides worldwide travel accident insurance, and trip cancellation and interruption protection.
- Purchase protection. You can feel safer with included purchase protection perks, like an extended warranty, zero dollar liability on unauthorized charges, and damage and theft purchase protection.
Compare other Citi credit cards
How to apply for the Citi ThankYou Premier Card
Applying for this card is easy, and can be done online or by phone. All applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- US citizen
- Only valid to new accounts
- At least 18 years old
The application requires the following information and documentation:
Required documents & information:
- Full name
- Residential address
- Phone number
- Social Security number
- Financial information (i.e., annual income)
- Email address
- Proof of employment and income amount
If you are looking to redeem rewards points as you spend while traveling, the Citi ThankYou Premier Card could act as an ideal solution. Before choosing this card, be sure to compare it with other credit card options.