If you’re looking for a rewards credit card with no annual fee, then you may want to consider the Citi ThankYou Preferred Card.
The Citi ThankYou Preferred Card is a rewards card that comes with a competitive interest rate, plus an intro balance transfer APR of 0%. There is no annual fee, and you will be rewarded for making purchases with the card.
Sign-up bonus points offer:
You can earn bonus points after making $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
|Product Name||Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 15 months (with $5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.49% to 24.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.49% to 24.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of each transaction in US dollars% of transaction value|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Rewards Program||ThankYou Rewards|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
Nuts and bolts
- Interest rates. You will receive an interest rate on purchases of 14.49% to 24.49% variable based on your credit rating.
- No annual fee. This Citi credit card does not have an annual fee.
- Balance transfer offer. This card also comes with a balance transfer offer of 0% for 15 months. After this period the rate will revert to the interest rate 14.49% to 24.49% variable.
- Sign-up bonus. If you are a new cardholder, you can earn up to ThankYou points when you spend $1,000 within the first three months of opening an account.
- Earn reward points for purchases. You will earn 2 points for each dollar spent on dining and entertainment. Each dollar spent on other purchases will earn you 1 rewards point. You can accumulate an unlimited number of points, and they do not expire.
- Redeem points. Cardholders have access to a range of redemption options, including electronics, travel rewards, home equipment, charitable donations and cash back.
- 24/7 access to your account. Check your balance, view transactions and make payments on the go anytime, anywhere.
- Additional cardholders. It’s easy to add additional cardholders and share the one account; just call the number on the back of your card and allow up to three weeks for it to arrive. Or include additional cardholders info in the application.
- Travel insurance benefits. Having the Citi ThankYou Card will entitle you to receive lost luggage coverage, trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance, emergency evacuation and transportation coverage, and travel assistance services.
- Retail purchase protection. Items purchased using this credit card are eligible for protection against fire, theft or accidental damage of up to $1,000 for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Price protection. If you purchase an item using your Citi card and in a span of 60 days it is available for less money, you may be eligible to receive a refund of the difference—up to $250.
- Extended warranty. Making purchases with Citi ThankYou Card extends the initial manufacturer’s U.S. warranties (of one year or less) by up to another year.
How to apply for Citi ThankYou Preferred Card
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
To apply for a Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, you must fulfill the following conditions.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must have a good credit rating
- You must have a valid Social Security number
You’ll need to provide the following information before completing your application:
- Personal information, including your name and date of birth
- Contact information including your address, phone number and email address
- Social Security number
- Employment and financial information including your annual salary & wages, and monthly mortgage or rent payment
- The type of bank account you currently have
- You’ll also have to agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Citi ThankYou Preferred Card
Frequently asked questions
Is this card accepted globally?
You will have global acceptance and enhanced security thanks to the EMV Chip Technology.
What determines whether a merchant falls within a particular rewards category?
Merchants who accept Visa or Mastercard credit cards are assigned a merchant code that classifies them based on the primary line of business and the type of products and/or services they sell.
Is there a limit to how many points I can earn with this card?
No, there is no limit to the amount of ThankYou points you can earn. Your points also have no expiration date.