Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi Simplicity® Card vs. Citi® Double Cash Card
Decide between a top-notch balance transfer intro APR and cash back.
These are two market-leading cards from Citi, a finder.com advertising partner. The Citi Simplicity® Card offers a top-notch 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 18 months, then 14.74% to 24.74% variable. The Citi® Double Cash Card offers the same intro APR on transfers but no intro period on purchases. However, it pays 1% cash back on all purchases, then another 1% as you pay them off.
Summary of card features
Citi Simplicity® Card
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. For transfers made within the first 4 months of your account opening, get a 0% intro APR period for 18 months. After that, your rate will be from 14.74% to 24.74% variable.
- Intro APR period on purchases. You also get a 0% intro APR period on all purchases made within the first 18 months of card membership. A variable APR of 14.74% to 24.74% applies thereafter.
- No penalty APR and no late fees. Don’t worry if you make a late payment — you won’t pay any fee for being late and you won’t accrue a penalty APR, which is known to be up to 32% with other cards.
Citi® Double Cash Card
- Earn cash back. Earn cash back twice on everything you buy — 1% when you make the purchase and 1% when you pay your balance. Similar cards let you earn 1.5% back. That's up to a $100 difference if you spend $20,000 a year with your card.
- Intro APR on balance transfers. Enjoy 18 months of a 0% intro APR period for balance transfers. Compared to similar cards, this is one of the longest intro periods you can get. After that, a variable APR of 13.99% to 23.99% applies.
- Citi Entertainment℠. Get special access when buying presale tickets or VIP packages for concerts, sports events, dining and more.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert