Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi Rewards+℠ Card vs Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Would you rather have points or cash back?
The Citi Rewards+℠ Card and the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express are both strong rewards cards, but the major difference between them is their welcome offer. The Citi Rewards+℠ Card offers 15,000 points after you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $200 cash after you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
These offers are similar in value, but you’ll have additional redemption option with Citi’s points.
Summary of card features
Citi Rewards+℠ Card
- Reward points. Earn 2x points at supermarkets and gas stations on up to $6,000 in combined purchases each year. Once you reach the cap and on all other purchases, you earn 1x points.
- Round up points. A rewards rate of 2x and 1x points may not seem like its worth earning a spot as one of the best rewards credit cards. But with the rounding up feature, your rewards rate is actually higher. Say you buy a $2 coffee. Your reward points will round up at 10x points, thus earning a 5% reward.
- Bonus points. The card comes with 15,000 bonus points once you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months when you open your credit card account. Also, you get additional 10% bonus points for the first 100,000 points you redeem annually.
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Intro APR period on purchases. You'll get a 0% intro APR period on purchases for the first 15 months from account opening. After that, your rate reverts to 13.99% to 23.99% variable.
- Earn cash back. Earn 3% cash back on up to $6,000 per year, then 1% after that. You also get to earn 2% cash back at US gas stations and department stores, and 1% cash back on everything else you buy.
- Welcome offer. Get $200 bonus after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months following your account opening.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert