Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi Prestige® Credit Card vs. Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Which of these two exclusive travel cards is best for you?
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® has a slightly lower $550 annual fee than the Citi Prestige® Credit Card‘s $495 annual fee. It also has a better $300 annual travel credit than the $250 credit you’ll find with its competitor. However, Citi’s card offers a much superior 5x points on air travel and restaurants versus the 3x points you’ll earn on travel and dining with Chase’s card after earning your annual travel credit.
Which card should you choose?
Citi Prestige® Credit Card
- Signup bonus. 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. Reward points. 5x points on air travel and restaurants, 3x points on hotels and cruises and 1x points on all other purchases.
- Complimentary fourth night. Book four consecutive nights at a hotel through ThankYou.com and get a complimentary fourth night stay twice every year.
- Annual travel credit. Get up to $250 travel credit every calendar year.
- VIP lounge access. Priority Pass Select lounge access to hundreds of VIP lounges.
When you travel with the Citi Prestige® Credit Card, you can rack up 5x ThankYou® points on airfare and hotels. You also get travel protection when you're on the road — that includes worldwide car rental insurance, medical evacuation help and worldwide travel accident insurance. Then there's the flexibility to transfer points to over a dozen airlines at a 1:1 ratio. And when you book a hotel stay through ThankYou.com or the Citi Prestige® Concierge, you'll get a fourth night on the house.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Signup bonus. Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months of card membership. This is worth $750 if you redeem through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal.
- Earn rewards points. Earn 3x points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1x points on all other purchases. The 3x points can be worth 4.5% back if redeemed on travel purchases through the Chase Ultimate Rewards. You also earn 10x points on Lyft purchases until March 2022. This can be worth up to 15% back in travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Annual travel credit. Get $300 in statement credit as reimbursement for your travel purchases every year on your card account anniversary.
When you've got the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you can wait around for your next flight in style with complimentary Priority Pass Select — that means access to over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide. And if you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of card membership, you'll earn 50,000 bonus points.
Compare travel credit cards
These two premium travel rewards cards could be a fine credit companion for someone who can manage the annual fee and is looking to get luxury travel perks for their spending. If a bell went off in your head when reading about either the Citi Prestige® Credit Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you can apply today online.
With that said, neither credit card may have jumped out at you. No worries, just continue searching for a rewards credit card with a range of capabilities suited more toward your lifestyle.
Ask an Expert