Compare other rewards credit cards
The Citi Prestige® Card offers a variety of travel perks, and lets you earn ThankYou rewards points as you travel.
Citi Prestige® Card
If you are an active traveler, the Citi Prestige® Card can help you get the most out of your purchases. With the card, you can earn ThankYou points that are redeemable toward flights on airlines through the ThankYou Travel Center. The points can also be redeemed for gift cards that can be used toward the ThankYou Rewards collection.
Though the Citi Prestige® Card has an annual fee of $450, it includes a number of travel benefits, perks, and rewards. Every year, you can enjoy a $250 Air Travel Credit applied to your charged flight-related expenses. As a cardholder, you can extend your trip with a free fourth night at your choice of hotel, after booking through the Citi Prestige Concierge. There are hundreds of VIP lounges that you will have complimentary access to, and you will receive a $100 Global Entry application fee credit. The card also includes exclusive discounts toward luxury tours, vacation packages, cruises, and more.
The card operates with Citi Price Rewind, a feature that makes sure you get the lowest price on your purchased items. It will search for the lowest price on registered items you purchase with your Citi Card. If Citi Price Reward finds a lower price within 60 days of the date you purchased the item, it will pay the difference.
Benefits of the Citi Prestige® Card
- Bonus points. After opening an account, for a limited time, you can earn 75,000 bonus points by making $7,500 in purchases within the first three months.
- foreign transaction fees. If you are traveling, you don’t have to worry about paying foreign transaction fees on purchases.
- Convenient. Citi lets you make purchases with your card using Apple Pay. You can pay in-app or at hundreds of thousands of stores.
- Concierge services. The Citi Concierge feature can give you 24/7 assistance with traveling, shopping, dining, entertainment, etc.
- Rewards. You can enjoy 3 times the rewards on air travel and hotel purchases, 2 the points on entertainment purchases, and 1 Thankyou point per one dollar spent on all other purchases. Points can be redeemed through the ThankYou Travel Center for flights , or on gift cards toward the ThankYou Rewards collection.
- Annual fee. To maintain the card, you can expect to pay an annual fee of $450 if you are the primary cardmember. $50 for each authorized user annual fee.
- Bonus point rule. If you have had the CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card, Citi Premier℠ Card, or Citi Prestige® Card account opened or closed in the past 24 months, you cannot receive the bonus ThankYou points.
- APR. You can expect to pay a variable APR of 17.49% to 25.49%. APR rates vary with the market, and are based on the Prime Rate. The APR for cash advances is 26.99% variable.
- Secure. The Citi Identity Theft Solutions’ team can help with police reports and can contact credit bureaus if needed. Additionally, the Fraud Early Warning System monitors for fraudulent behavior.
- Purchase protection. The Citi Prestige® Card includes nine-day return protection, damage and theft protection, zero liability on unauthorized purchases, missed event ticket protection, and an extended manufacturer’s warranty.
- Travel protection. As a cardholder, you can expect 24/7 travel and emergency assistance, worldwide car rental insurance, medical evacuation help, and worldwide travel accident insurance. Additionally, the Citi Prestige® Card includes roadside assistance dispatch service, lost and delayed baggage protection, trip delay protection, and trip cancellation and interruption protection.
- Credit limit. The revolving credit limit will be based on your annual salary and wages.
- Transaction fees. For balance transfers, there is a fee of $5 or 3% of the balance transfer amount (whichever is greater). For cash advances, you can expect a $10 fee or 5% of the cash advance amount (whichever is greater).
- Penalty APR. If you make a late payment, or one of your payments is returned, a penalty APR may be applied to your account. The penalty rate is based on your creditworthiness, and can get up to 29.99% variable. Penalty fees can get up to $35.
How to apply for the Citi Prestige® Card
Applying for this card is easy, and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- US citizen
- At least 18 years old
- Only valid for new accounts
You can apply online or by phone, and Citi requires the following information and documentation:
Required documents & information:
- Full name
- Residential address
- Phone number
- Social Security number
- Financial information (i.e. annual income)
- Email address
- Proof of employment and income amount
If you are a frequent traveler and plan on taking advantage of the many perks the Citi Prestige® Card includes, it is worth the high annual fee. Before choosing the Citi Prestige® Card, make sure to compare it with other credit card options.
Travel card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.