The Citi / AAdvantage Gold World Elite Mastercard allows frequent flyers to earn and redeem miles with their travel, as well as earn points with various purchases.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The Citi / AAdvantage Gold World Elite Mastercard is an airline miles credit card with a variety of travel rewards, including worldwide travel accident insurance, lost baggage protection, and travel and emergency assistance. Receive one AAdvantage mile for every dollar spent, and redeem the miles for domestic flights on American Airlines and American Eagle carriers. Plus, there are no blackout dates on award travel. You can also earn 25,000 bonus miles when you make $750 in purchases within the first three months of account opening.
Another perk of this card is the introductory APR. Get a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months. Although the card does come with an annual fee of $50, which is waived for the first year.
Features of the Citi / AAdvantage Gold World Elite Mastercard
- Annual fee: As mentioned above, card members pay $50 annually, but the fee is waived for the first year.
- Interest rates: This card comes with an introductory APR of 0% on both purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months, after which time the variable APR will be 16.99% – 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Rewards: There are many beneficial rewards, including air travel bonus miles and savings on in-flight purchases. Card members get to enjoy various Citi / AAdvantage benefits through the AAdvantage program.
- Security: All accounts are monitored to detect any fraudulent activities. Members also get protection for items purchased with the card.
Complimentary insurance policies
- Automatic travel insurance: All Citi / AAdvantage Gold World Elite Masterard members get automatic travel insurance. The card’s coverage extends to the card member’s spouse and eligible children.
- Car rental insurance: Also provided with the card is rental insurance, covering physical damage and theft for certain eligible rental cars. As long as you pay for a rental car using the card, you get the coverage. As is the case with all Citi cards, you must decline waivers provided by the rental company.
- Lost luggage coverage: Lost luggage also gets insurance coverage, and this extends to luggage that has been damaged, stolen or permanently lost by the carrier. Personal items checked by a common carrier are covered as well.
Compare other Citi credit cards
How to apply for the Citi / AAdvantage Gold World Elite Mastercard credit card
Interested in applying for this card? Ensure that you meet the following key requirements:
- 18 years or older: Card members must meet the minimum age requirement of at least 18 years.
- Valid Social Security number: All applicants must provide a SSN with their application.
Below are the application requirements:
- Personal information: This includes your email address, home address, primary phone number, residential information and full name.
- Employment and financial information: You’ll need to give details on your annual salary and other sources of income, work phone numbers, monthly rent / mortgage payments and bank accounts.
This Citi / AAdvantage Gold World Elite Mastercard can be a great option for frequent flyers who wish to enjoy savings and bonuses during trips, yet do not want to have to deal with high annual card fees.