Compare other student credit cards
Reasons to consider the Citi Forward® Card for College Students
You can use the Citi Forward® Card for College Students like any other card, though you can expect to earn more reward points. This card offers a balance transfer option, can be used overseas and for cash advances. The $0 annual fee is a definite plus.
The nuts and bolts
- No account-keeping fees. Don’t pay annual or monthly account-keeping fees when you use the Citi Forward® Card for College Students.
- Interest rate determined by your credit. Once the initial 7 months interest-free period on purchases is over, the balance attracts an APR from 15.99% to 25.99% variable based on your creditworthiness. So the better your credit, the better your rate.
- APR reduction. If you make on-time payments for three consecutive billing cycles and stay under your credit limit, your APR will reduce by 0.25%. This can happen no more than eight times and can reduce your original APR by up to 2%.
- Reward points. Earn 2,500 bonus ThankYou® points when you join, earn 1 point for every dollar you spend, and you get 100 points each billing cycle as long as you make timely payments and don’t exceed your credit limit. You can redeem these points to buy an assortment of products and services.
- Fees. If you opt for a balance transfer you pay per transfer $5 or 4% of the transaction, whichever is greater . For cash advances, the fee is $10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater .
- Penalty fees. Late and returned payments can attract fees of up to $35.
Complimentary insurance policies
This credit card offers students extra protection through a number of free insurance options:
- Retail purchase protection. The coverage is limited to $500 per occurrence and $50,000 per cardholder, per year.
- Automatic travel accident insurance. This coverage protects you in the event of an accident when you’re traveling.
- Extended warranty. Through the warranty service manager you can look forward to extending manufacturer and store warranties of three years or less by one additional year. This is limited to $10,000 or the amount charged, whichever is less.
- Mobile phone protection. This is a supplemental reimbursement that offers a maximum reimbursement of $250.
- Citi Price Rewind. This benefit covers purchases for 30 days. If you register your purchase with Price Rewind and the product you purchase experiences a price drop, you can receive a refund of up to $250 per product for a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year.
How to apply for the Citi Forward® Card for College Students
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You must be an existing college student.
- A valid ID such as passport or driver’s licence.
- Student ID card.
- Employment details, if any.
This credit card has a number of features which make it a good option for college students. You don’t have to pay any monthly or annual fees, while its generous reward points system lets you earn every time you spend. Always explore your options to find the best card for you.