Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® vs. The Platinum Card® from American Express
Summary of card features
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Admirals Club membership for airport lounge access
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
- Priority boarding and first bag checked free with American Airlines
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Membership reward points. Earn 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked directly through Amex Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, your 5x points on flights will be capped on up to $500,000 annually (then 1x points).
- You can use your points toward gift cards, travel rewards, statement credit and more. If you redeem these points for the highest valued rewards, you'll get 10% back. On all other eligible purchases, you'll earn 1x points.
- Welcome offer. Get 75,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 6 months of card membership. You'll also earn 10x points at US gas stations and US supermarkets on up to $15,000 in combined purchases for the first 6 months. These two welcome offers combined can earn you up to $4,500 worth of rewards when transferred to travel partners.
- Airline fee credit. Select a qualifying airline and receive a $200 airline fee credit each year to cover incidental charges, such as checked bags or in-flight purchases.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert