Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi® Double Cash Card vs. Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
Choose between a cashback card and travel card.
These two cards differ in many ways. The Citi® Double Cash Card comes with $0 annual fee, a long intro APR period on balance transfers and flat cash back on all purchases. The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card, on the other hand, is a travel credit card with a $95 annual and flat miles on all purchases. Also, the Venture card comes with a generous welcome offer as opposed to the Citi card that has none.
All other differences are outlined in the table below.
Summary of card features
Citi® Double Cash Card
- Earn cash back. Earn cash back twice on everything you buy — 1% when you make the purchase and 1% when you pay your balance. Similar cards let you earn 1.5% back. That's up to a $100 difference if you spend $20,000 a year with your card.
- Intro APR on balance transfers. Enjoy 18 months of a 0% intro APR period for balance transfers. Compared to similar cards, this is one of the longest intro periods you can get. After that, a variable APR of 13.99% to 23.99% applies.
- Citi Entertainment℠. Get special access when buying presale tickets or VIP packages for concerts, sports events, dining and more.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Earn an unlimited 2x miles on all purchases.
- Get a 50,000-mile welcome offer after you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months.
- Earn an additional 100,000 miles after spending $20,000 on purchases within the first 12 months.
- Get various travel benefits, including a TSA PreCheck or Global Entry statement credit worth $100.
Compare rewards credit cards
Ask an Expert