Compare other student credit cards
The Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card for College Students comes with no annual fees and a host of other features that make it an attractive option.
The Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card for College Students offers multiple benefits for students, starting with no monthly or annual fees. Cardholders have the ability to save by taking advantage of 5% cash back each quarter and by earning one 1% cash back on all other purchases. They can also choose their own payment due date and utilize round-the-clock customer service when needed. Since most students are new to the world of credit, if you have this card you get access to a variety of credit-related tools and tips that can guide you in budgeting and investments.
Things to consider about Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card for College Students
The Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card for College Students is a card that works like any other conventional credit card, given that it allows you to make purchases and you can also use it for cash advances.
Its cash back system is one that you won’t find with many cards and it can lead to considerable savings. The card also offers 0% on purchases for and gives you ample time to pay off initial purchases without incurring any interest. This card also offers a balance transfer option.
Complimentary insurance policies
- Zero liability on unauthorized charges. With the Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card for College Students, you don’t have to worry about paying for unauthorized charges made using your card because it offers $0 liability on unauthorized charges.
- Retail purchase protection. A majority of the products you purchase using your card qualify for protection against accidental breakage, fire, and theft. This is for a value of up to $1,000 and applies for 90 days after any given purchase.
- Travel accident insurance. When you charge a bus, train, or airline ticket on this card you receive automatic Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance for free.
- Auto rental insurance. If you rent a car through this card you receive coverage for theft and physical damage if you choose not to accept the rental company’s damage/loss and collision waiver.
- Lost luggage coverage. This coverage provides protection in the event that you lose your luggage, up to a limit of $3,000.
Features of the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card for College Students
- Interest rate. After the introductory period your creditworthiness plays a role in establishing your Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Existing APRs start from Existing balance transfer APRs for transfers that are completed within the first two months are also the same. The existing APR for cash advances stands at
- Fees. The Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card for College Students does not attract any monthly or annual account-keeping fees. For balance transfers, you have to pay $5. For cash advances, this changes to $10. Foreign purchases attract a 3% foreign purchase transaction fee, while fees for returned and late payments go as high as $35.
- Cash back. This card enables you to earn 5% cash back through more than 400 retailers on the Citi Bonus Cash Center® in categories like travel, fitness, and department stores. There is no limit attached to the cashback amount you can earn when you shop through the Citi Bonus Cash Center®. All other purchases you make come with 1% cash back.
How to apply for Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card for College Students
To apply for this card simply click ‘Apply Now’ to get started. In addition to applying online, you can apply over the phone if you would prefer.
In order to qualify for this card you have to meet the following criteria:
- You should be 18 years or older
- You should be an existing graduate or current college student
The application process also requires that you submit certain documents to verify the information you provide. This includes:
- Personal information such as name, date of birth, and email address
- Permanent home contact information
- School information such as school name, enrollment status, and address
- Financial information such as annual salary, monthly rent or mortgage, and outstanding loans
Students can benefit from the cash back system that accompanies this card, while many other included features make it worth considering for your credit card needs.