Compare other Citibank credit cards
The Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card is a credit card that comes bundled with many bonus offers.
Like the name suggests, the Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card pays you back when it’s used. There are many cash back opportunities to be had when making purchases or balance transfers with this card. There’s a 1% cash back rate on all purchases, 5% cash back every quarter in ‘must have’ categories including, 5% cash back on average when shopping at over 400 retailers and $5 cash back on balance transfers of $1500 or more.
The card also offers 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months months, as well as a 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months months. Building up your credit score will be made much easier with the one year grace period on interest, as paying off your balance becomes a much more manageable process.
Features of the Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card
Citi not only offers a discounted interest rate for the first 12 months months on purchases and balance transfers, it also offers:
- Many cash back opportunities. With four different ways to earn cash backs, you can make your purchases and balance transfers work for you and earn extra cash by being an active customer. In fact you can earn a $100 cash back after you spend $500 in your first three months of card ownership.
- 24/7 customer service. You can call the number on the back of your card at any time if you need help with any aspect of your credit card membership. The customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Internet and mobile account management. You can check your balance, view transactions, and even make payments using Citibank’s free online and mobile banking tools. Account alerts can be sent to your phone via SMS updates.
- Additional cards. If you ever need additional cards, all you need to do is to call the number on the back of your card. In around three weeks you’ll receive your extra cards.
When you receive this card you are not only getting access to a slew of bonus features, you are also provided with a wide-array of insurance and fraud coverage services.
- Citi identity theft protection. Citi will provide you with specialised assistance to clear up any problems if you find yourself a victim of identity theft.
- Retail purchase protection. Almost all purchases made with your Citi card are eligible for protection against theft, fire or accidental breakage. This insurance covers up to $1000 worth of loss for 90 days after purchase.
- Lost luggage coverage. If you charge the whole common carrier fare to your Citi card you will get up to $3000 in lost luggage coverage for you and your dependants. Any articles checked with a common carrier are protected.
- Travel insurance. Charge plane, train or bus tickets to your Citi credit card and you are automatically covered for Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance at no additional cost.
- Auto rental insurance. When renting a car, you can opt out of the car rental service’s collision waiver. If you do this and pay for the rental with your Citi card, Citibank will automatically cover you for damage and theft on your rental.
- Trip cancellation coverage. Up to $1500 worth of trip cancellation/interruption coverage is provided to you on any trip billed to your Citi card.
How to apply for a Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card
To be eligible to be approved for a Citibank credit card you must:
- Be 18 years of age
- Be in good credit standing
- Be a permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security number
If you find that you are eligible for the Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card and find its offerings to be appealing, you online to begin the application process.
You will be taken to Citibank’s website, and on this site you will reach a page that gives you the ability to learn more about the card and apply conveniently online.
On the application you will need to provide some personal information to Citibank. You will need to provide information on:
- Your email address
- Full name and date of birth
- Annual salary and wages, as well as employment information
- Any bank accounts you own
- Permanent address
- Social security number
- Primary phone number
- Monthly mortgage or rent payments
Citibank makes paying off your credit card balance incredibly easy with its tantalizing purchase and balance transfer period of 12 months. Throw in a large list of cash back options and insurance features and Citibank has a card designed for consumer satisfaction.