Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card vs. Citi Simplicity® Card
These cards are best for balance transfer intro APRs.
These two cards — issued by Citi, a finder.com advertising partner — are very similar. Both cards offer long intro APRs on both balance transfers and purchases and have no annual fee.
The main difference is the Citi Simplicity® Card has fewer fees, while the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card offers access to Citi Concierge and Citi Entertainment.
Check out the comparison table below to find out which of the two cards could be a better fit for your financial situation.
Summary of card features
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
- Long intro APR period on both purchases and balance transfers
- Citi Entertainment℠ for deals on dining and going out
- No annual fee
Citi Simplicity® Card
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. For transfers made within the first 4 months of your account opening, get a 0% intro APR period for 18 months. After that, your rate will be from 14.74% to 24.74% variable.
- Intro APR period on purchases. You also get a 0% intro APR period on all purchases made within the first 18 months of card membership. A variable APR of 14.74% to 24.74% applies thereafter.
- No penalty APR and no late fees. Don’t worry if you make a late payment — you won’t pay any fee for being late and you won’t accrue a penalty APR, which is known to be up to 32% with other cards.
For intro APRs, the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card and Citi Simplicity® Card are superb picks. One has the best balance transfer intro APR you’ll find, while the other offers a top-notch intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers.
If neither card feels right, don’t worry: There are many other strong options for intro APRs. Compare them below.
Compare 0% intro APR credit cards
More guides on Finder
Bellwether Smart Cash Card review
Earn flat 1.5% cashback on all purchases or save money with balance transfers.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get complimentary elite status.
Destiny Mastercard review
An unsecured card for building credit.
Bellwether Smart Rate Card review
Get a balance transfer offer and potentially low-interest rates with this credit-builder card.
FordPass™ Rewards Visa® Review
A decent rewards card for Ford fans.
What emergency credit card options do I have during coronavirus?
Use these cards to weather your coronavirus furlough.
Navy Federal Platinum Credit Card review
A no-annual-fee credit card with one of the lowest interest rates on purchases and balance transfers.
QuadPay Visa Card review: Buy now, pay over six weeks
Use this virtual card to pay for purchases in installments.
Expedia® Rewards CARD from Citi vs Expedia Rewards Voyager Card
Which of these credit cards would you choose to better fit your budget?
Citi virtual credit card: How does it work?
A virtual credit card number can increase your card’s security against online fraud.
Ask an Expert