Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card vs. Citi Rewards+℠ Card
One is a 0% intro APR card; the other offers rewards.
These two cards from Citi — a finder.com advertising partner — are built for different needs. Pick the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card if you want a long intro APR period. Consider the Citi Rewards+℠ Card, meanwhile, if you want rewards. You’ll earn 2x points at gas stations and supermarkets on the first $6,000 in qualifying purchases each year, then 1x points.
Summary of card features
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
- Long intro APR period on both purchases and balance transfers
- Citi Entertainment℠ for deals on dining and going out
- No annual fee
Citi Rewards+℠ Card
- Reward points. Earn 2x points at supermarkets and gas stations on up to $6,000 in combined purchases each year. Once you reach the cap and on all other purchases, you earn 1x points.
- Round up points. A rewards rate of 2x and 1x points may not seem like its worth earning a spot as one of the best rewards credit cards. But with the rounding up feature, your rewards rate is actually higher. Say you buy a $2 coffee. Your reward points will round up at 10x points, thus earning a 5% reward.
- Bonus points. The card comes with 15,000 bonus points once you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months when you open your credit card account. Also, you get additional 10% bonus points for the first 100,000 points you redeem annually.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert