Paying your debt just got much easier with the Citi Diamond Preferred credit card.
For the first 21 months of card ownership, the purchase and balance transfer interest rates are set at 0%, giving you time to pay off your big purchases.
Other features of this credit card is Citibank’s 24/7 personalized concierge service, $0 p.a. annual fee, fraud protection, and special access features.
|Product Name||Citi® Diamond Preferred®|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 21 months (with whichever is greater, $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Purchase Rate (14.24% to 24.24% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.29% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
Features of the Citi Diamond Preferred Card
In addition to the purchase and balance transfer rate, the Diamond Preferred Card offers other great features. Some of these are:
- Introductory rate. New applications may be eligible for 0% for 12 months on purchases.
- Interest rate. The interest rate is determined according to your creditworthiness and starts from 14.24% to 24.24% variable. The interest rate on cash advances is 26.29% variable.
- Waived annual fee. There is no annual account management fee associated with this credit card, allowing you to put more of your money towards paying off your balance.
- Special access. The Diamond Preferred Special Access program gives you access to ticket pre-sales, preferred seating at events, VIP packages and entertainment experiences through Citi Private Pass.
- Citi Easy Deals. This feature is a members only savings program that gives you access to online deals on brands like Gap, CVS and Footlocker.
- Automatic account alerts. You can set up alerts to remind you of your balance levels, payments due or credit limit overages. These alerts can be sent to your mobile phone or sent to you in an email.
Citibank complimentary insurance overview
Citibank offers a wide-array of insurance and fraud protection services to make your card membership stress-free. These include:
- $0 liability on unauthorized charges. You will not have to worry about needing to pay off the balance on charges made without your consent.
- Citi identity theft solutions. Citibank’s identity theft prevention and handling service will help you to resolve any problems that may occur as a result of identity theft. Citibank will help you identify compromised accounts and will help you file a police report.
- Retail purchase protection. Any purchases made of up to $10,000 on your Diamond Preferred Card are protected against theft or damage for 90 days.
- Auto rental insurance. You can decline the collision loss or damage waiver offered by car rental companies, as the Diamond Preferred Card comes with rental insurance when you use your card.
- Trip cancellation coverage. If your trip is cancelled because of injury, sickness or weather, you can be reimbursed if you paid for at least a portion of your trip with your Citi card.
Compare other Citi credit cards
How to apply for a Citi Diamond Preferred credit card
To apply for the card is quick and easy. To be eligible for approval, you must:
- Be of 18 or older
- Have a valid Social Security number
You will need to provide the following information to apply;
- Personal and contact information
- Social Security number
- Financial and payment information
- Details about any bank accounts
A waived interest period as well as a large list of coverage options makes the Citi Diamond Preferred card a viable choice for people in need of a line of credit. Before you make any decisions, always compare other credit cards to get the best deal.