Chubb business insurance review Apr 2021
Wide coverage options for nearly any type of business
All 50 and DC
Chubb’s extensive experience with insuring businesses has led the company to offer a comprehensive list of coverage for its clients. Those offerings range from general liability and commercial property to workplace benefits and workers’ compensation for US or overseas projects. But if your business can’t find coverage to match your needs, you can call on Chubb’s alternative risk services to craft a better-fitting solution.
What types of business insurance does Chubb offer?
Chubb offers business insurance solutions across the following categories:
- Accident and health. Includes group business travel and out-of-country medical for those traveling around the world. Also, accident and catastrophic accident insurance covers events, like local sports events.
- Alternative risks. Helps companies with unique risks get the insurance they need, including liability.
- Crime insurance covers lost funds from hackers gaining access to computer systems, apps or web portals as well as employee or contractor dishonesty. Includes costs to investigate the incident.
- Cyber insurance pays for liability claims from Internet or computer breaches, including limited business interruption, ransom payments and repairing systems.
- Environmental. Pays damage and cleanup expenses for pollution your business releases to the environment, including storage tanks.
- Equipment breakdown. Repairs or replaces mechanical or electrical equipment so you can keep your business running.
- Excess and surplus. Prepares your business if damage costs go abov your standard coverage, helpful if you have unique risks.
- Excess workers’ compensation. Adds protection for businesses that self-insure for workers’ compensation.
- Global casualty. Include casualty insurance for energy, entertainment or transportation industries, general liability, workers’ compensation for overseas projects and international business coverage.
- General liability. Covers liability for accidents that happen on your premises, from advertising mistakes or caused by products your business manufactures, sells or distributes.
- Kidnap and ransom. Offers financial protection against employee kidnapping. Global businesses may need to consider this coverage.
- Management liability. Protects your company and key leaders from claims of mismanaged duties or stockholder finances.
- Marine. Covers builder and engineered risks, contractor equipment, cargo, marine liability, marine facilities and marine hull.
- Media liability protects against claims related to the media while publishing online, TV appearances or advertising. Claims include copyright infringement, false advertising, slander or libel.
- Medical liability protects those in the medical industry from claims of negligence, helpful for nurses, doctors, physical therapists, hospitals or clinics.
- Political risk. Helps your company recover if laws or political or economic upheaval harm your operations.
- Product recall. Protects from heavy financial losses due to recalling a product.
- Professional liability. Safeguards against claims that you gave misleading advice, didn’t perform duties as agreed or caused financial or physical harm to clients.
- Property. Businesses in the property industry can tailor coverage for multinational properties, equipment breakdown, business income or specific damage.
- Railroad. Specialized liability, property and workers’ compensation for the railroad industry.
- Reinsurance. Partners with businesses that spread the risk of insuring clients.
- Surety bonds. Financial assurance that a contractor or business partner will uphold their end of your company contract.
- Trade credit. Your company can offer customers payment in credit with financial security against non-paying clients.
- Workers’ compensation helps a variety of businesses protect workers against job-related accidents.
- Workplace benefits. Identifies supplemental benefits to offer employees.
Packages offered for businesses
Chubb offers several diverse packages and services for businesses:
- Chubb BOP or the Commercial Package. Includes standard business insurance like property, business income and general liability.
- Controlled Master Program. Helps businesses with international trade get similar protection in every country, filling in coverage gaps and meeting requirements in each country served.
- Exporters Package Portfolio. Includes coverage for exporting goods overseas.
- International Advantage® Package. Protects employees, students or volunteers when they’re sent overseas.
What other services does Chubb offer?
Chubb works on lowering the dangers involved with your business so you can focus on other company matters. Its services include:
- Account management. Aside from self-service, Chubb offers independent agents that can help you choose coverage and manage your account.
- Cyber attack negotiations. If your business suffers a cyber attack, you can get professionals advising and helping you navigate to recovery.
- Risk management. Through its risk engineering services, Chubb provides and implements a wide range of mitigation strategies for businesses. These can include reinforcing safety, sustainability, industrial hygiene and ergonomics in the workplace.
- Recall crisis consultants offer your company advice on reducing or preventing losses related to a recall.
Benefits and features at a glance
We compared the benefits of Chubb’s comprehensive coverage, risk management advisers and personal touch with local agents. With its long history in insurance and highly specific policies, Chubb business insurance offers a variety of features and benefits. We determined few, if any, drawbacks to choosing this insurance company for your business’s needs.
- One of the largest insurers. Chubb is one of the largest commercial insurance companies in the US and one of the largest property and casualty insurers worldwide.
- Options for a variety of businesses. Chubb services nearly every size of business from local businesses to large corporations.
- Loss control. The company offers experts to assist businesses in reducing their risks or the amount of damage if needed.
- Specialized policies. Chubb has been in the insurance game for a long time and has developed flexible, highly specific policies to suit the needs of small and large businesses.
- Fast claims payments. Once Chubb has agreed to pay a claim, the company makes an effort to pay within 48 hours.
- Local independent agents. Looking for a personal relationship with your insurance company? You can connect with a local agent or regional Chubb branch near you.
- Not specialized to one size or type of business. If you prefer companies strictly specialized to small businesses or love supporting local companies, Chubb might not serve your needs.
- No online quotes. You can’t receive a quote online for basic insurance coverage. However, online quotes aren’t as commonplace for business insurance as it is for personal.
Which industries can Chubb service?
Chubb offers solutions to suit businesses across an extensive range of industries, including the following:
- Cultural institutions
- Educational institutions
- Federal government contractors
- Financial institutions
- Healthcare information technology
- Law firms
- Life sciences
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Professional services firms
- Real estate
Chubb business insurance reviews and complaints
Chubb’s business insurance products don’t come with many online reviews outside of Chubb’s website. Businesses may not take the time to give a review, especially if they have a positive experience. However, Chubb holds a Superior financial rating with A.M. Best and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, as of February 2020.
On the Better Business Bureau website, the company has closed around 40 complaints in the past year. Many of those complaints involve claims in which Chubb stated the customer didn’t provide enough documentation to agree on a settlement. These claims were related to credit card benefits customers received at no extra charge, while some were related to travel or auto insurance.
Compare alternatives to Chubb
Frequently asked questions about Chubb Insurance
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
Chubb Insurance offers a range of insurance policies to protect businesses both large and small — if you need it, Chubb likely has it. It stands out in how comprehensive its offerings are, including the company’s ability to customize for unique products or risks not covered elsewhere.
Also, Chubb can take on your global trade with packages that mold the insurance you need for the country you’re serving. Chubb serves as one of the largest commercial insurance companies in the US, showing just how many businesses trust it to back their finances.
But if you want a company that deals just with your industry or small businesses, compare Chubb’s offerings with other business insurance companies to guarantee the right coverage for your company.