Chubb business insurance review Sep 2020
Wide coverage options for nearly any type of business
All 50 and DC
Chubb’s extensive experience with insuring businesses has led the company to offer a comprehensive list of coverage for its clients. Those offerings range from general liability and commercial property to workplace benefits and workers’ compensation for US or overseas projects. But if your business can’t find coverage to match your needs, you can call on Chubb’s alternative risk services to craft a better-fitting solution.
What types of business insurance does Chubb offer?
Chubb offers business insurance solutions across the following categories:
- Accident and health options include group business travel and out-of-country medical for those traveling around the world on business. Also, participant accident and catastrophic accident insurance covers people participating in events, including local sports events.
- Alternative risk solutions. Chubb helps companies with unique products and risks get the insurance they need, including liability insurance.
- Global casualty. Options in this category include casualty insurance for the energy, entertainment or transportation industries, general liability, workers’ compensation for overseas projects and packages to help with international business.
- Commercial general liability. This product protects your business for accidents that happen on your business’s premises or during operations. It also covers harm from advertising mistakes or products your business manufactures, sells or distributes.
- Cyber insurance pays for a variety of liability claims related to your breached Internet or computer systems. It also pays for limited business interruption, notifying people affected, negotiating with the attacker, ransom payments and repairing system damage.
- Environmental helps pay any damage and cleanup expenses for any pollution your business contributes to the environment, including storage tanks.
- Equipment breakdown repairs or replaces your business’s mechanical or electrical equipment so you can keep your business running.
- Excess and surplus prepares your business if damage expenses go above and beyond what your standard insurance policy covers. This option works well for businesses with unique risks.
- Excess workers’ compensation adds extra protection for businesses who self-insure for workers’ compensation.
- Kidnap and ransom supports businesses against the risks of employees getting kidnapped or detained. Global businesses may need to consider this coverage.
- Management liability protects your company and its key officers from claims of mismanaged duties or stockholder finances.
- Marine. If your business needs protection against marine risks, Chubb covers builder’s and engineered risks, contractors equipment, cargo, marine liability, marine facilities and marine hull protection.
- Media liability supports your business in participating with media, including publishing its own material, television appearances or advertising. It protects against copyright infringement, false advertising or claims of slander or libel.
- Medical liability protects individuals or organizations in the medical industry from claims of their negligence. This can include nurses, doctors, physical therapists, hospitals or clinics.
- Political risk can help your company recover if government laws or political or economic upheaval harm your operations.
- Product recall coverage protects your business from heavy financial losses due to recalling a product.
- Professional liability safeguards your profession from claims that you gave misleading advice, didn’t perform duties as agreed upon or caused financial or physical harm to your client.
- Property. Businesses in the property industry can tailor coverage for multinational properties, equipment breakdown, business income protection or specific perils.
- Railroad. Chubb includes specialized liability, property and workers’ compensation products for the railroad industry and contractors.
- Reinsurance. Chubb may partner with businesses looking to spread the risk of insuring their clients.
- Surety bonds provide financial assurance that a contractor or business partner will uphold their end of the contract with your company.
- Trade credit allows your company to offer clients or customers payment in credit. Your company gets the security of insurance if that client fails to pay.
- Workers’ compensation helps a variety of businesses and sizes of businesses protect their workers against job-related accidents.
- Workplace benefits helps you identify the best supplemental benefits to offer employees.
Packages offered for businesses
Chubb offers several diverse packages and services for businesses:
- Chubb BOP or the Commercial Package includes the main necessities for businesses like property, business income and general liability.
- Controlled Master Program helps businesses dealing in international trade receive similar protection in every country. This program fills in the gaps in insurance and meets requirements in each country served.
- Exporters Package Portfolio includes coverage for exporting goods overseas.
- International Advantage® Package helps businesses protect their employees, students or volunteers when they’re sent overseas.
What other services does Chubb offer?
Chubb works on lowering the dangers involved with your business so you can focus on other company matters. Its services include:
- Account management. Aside from self-service, Chubb offers independent agents that can help you choose coverage and manage your account.
- Cyber attack negotiations. If your business suffers a cyber attack, you can get professionals advising and helping you navigate to recovery.
- Risk management. Through its risk engineering services, Chubb provides and implements a wide range of mitigation strategies for businesses. These can include reinforcing safety, sustainability, industrial hygiene and ergonomics in the workplace.
- Recall crisis consultants offer your company advice on reducing or preventing losses related to a recall.
Benefits and features at a glance
We compared the benefits of Chubb’s comprehensive coverage, risk management advisers and personal touch with local agents. With its long history in insurance and highly specific policies, Chubb business insurance offers a variety of features and benefits. We determined few, if any, drawbacks to choosing this insurance company for your business’s needs.
- One of the largest insurers. Chubb is one of the largest commercial insurance companies in the US and one of the largest property and casualty insurers worldwide.
- Options for a variety of businesses. Chubb services nearly every size of business from local businesses to large corporations.
- Loss control. The company offers experts to assist businesses in reducing their risks or the amount of damage if needed.
- Specialized policies. Chubb has been in the insurance game for a long time and has developed flexible, highly specific policies to suit the needs of small and large businesses.
- Fast claims payments. Once Chubb has agreed to pay a claim, the company makes an effort to pay within 48 hours.
- Local independent agents. Looking for a personal relationship with your insurance company? You can connect with a local agent or regional Chubb branch near you.
- Not specialized to one size or type of business. If you prefer companies strictly specialized to small businesses or love supporting local companies, Chubb might not serve your needs.
- No online quotes. You can’t receive a quote online for basic insurance coverage. However, online quotes aren’t as commonplace for business insurance as it is for personal.
Which industries can Chubb service?
Chubb offers solutions to suit businesses across an extensive range of industries, including the following:
- Cultural institutions
- Educational institutions
- Federal government contractors
- Financial institutions
- Healthcare information technology
- Law firms
- Life sciences
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Professional services firms
- Real estate
Chubb business insurance reviews and complaints
Chubb’s business insurance products don’t come with many online reviews outside of Chubb’s website. Businesses may not take the time to give a review, especially if they have a positive experience. However, Chubb holds a Superior financial rating with A.M. Best and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, as of February 2020.
On the Better Business Bureau website, the company has closed around 40 complaints in the past year. Many of those complaints involve claims in which Chubb stated the customer didn’t provide enough documentation to agree on a settlement. These claims were related to credit card benefits customers received at no extra charge, while some were related to travel or auto insurance.
Compare alternatives to Chubb
Frequently asked questions about Chubb Insurance
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
Chubb Insurance offers a range of insurance policies to protect businesses both large and small — if you need it, Chubb likely has it. It stands out in how comprehensive its offerings are, including the company’s ability to customize for unique products or risks not covered elsewhere.
Also, Chubb can take on your global trade with packages that mold the insurance you need for the country you’re serving. Chubb serves as one of the largest commercial insurance companies in the US, showing just how many businesses trust it to back their finances.
But if you want a company that deals just with your industry or small businesses, compare Chubb’s offerings with other business insurance companies to guarantee the right coverage for your company.