Pick the perfect present for this special member of the family.
Your mother-in-law just might be one of the hardest people to shop for on your Christmas list. She’s an important member of your family, but you may not know her that well, so finding something that suits her perfectly can be a challenge. Scroll through our top picks to help you come away with a gift-giving win this year.
Top Christmas gifts for mothers-in-law 2018
Want to get something special for your mother-in-law, but aren’t quite sure where to start? We’ve hand-picked a few gift suggestions that are bound to inspire the perfect present for this important person in your life.
In Full Bloom Spray
Fluffy Wool Faux Fur Trim Coat
Margaux Medium Satchel
Wood Flowers with Reed Diffuser
Beautiful Thoughts Journal
Personalized Bracelet with Kids Names
Custom Home and Date Sign
Chocolate Spa Gift Box
Daniella Floral Comforter Snooze Set
Polaroid Zip Mobile Photo Printer
14 Karat White Gold and Emerald Diamond Pendant
Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa
Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera
Mother and Child Sterling Silver Pendant
Kate Spade 'one in a million' Initial Pendant Necklace
theBalm NUDE 'dude Eyeshadow Palette
Tea Forte PUGG 24oz Ceramic Loose Leaf Teapot
KeepCup Brew Glass Reusable 12 oz Coffee Cup
Narwhal USB Heated Slippers
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels
the sun and her flowers By Rupi Kaur
Game of Thrones Silver Tumbler Set of 2
6 Organic Scents Bath Bomb Set by Oliver Rocket
Terry Kitchen Dish Cloths Set of 6
'Calm' Dead Sea Bath Salts by Herbivore Botanicals
How to pick the best Christmas gift for your mother-in-law
With a little bit of thought and effort, you can give your mother-in-law the perfect holiday gift. Consider these tips when brainstorming ideas:
- What are her hobbies? Does she like to garden, knit, read or hike?
- What’s something that she’d love to have but would never buy for herself? Moms tend to pass on things they want so they can make sure everyone else is taken care of. Put her first when thinking about the perfect gift.
- Consider gifting her an experience that she’d enjoy. Think tickets to see her favorite band or sports team, or a gift certificate to the new restaurant in town.
What can I get the mother-in-law who has everything?
If your mother-in-law already seems to have everything she could possibly want or need, pull on the heartstrings and get her something sentimental, like…
- A personalized blanket with photos of her family and pets
- A customized calendar
- Jewelry featuring her family’s birthstones
- A subscription box
What are the best DIY Christmas gifts for mothers-in-law?
Nothing speaks to the heart quite like a handmade gift. Try out these perfect DIY Christmas gifts for her:
- Homemade bath bombs. Treat your mother-in-law to a calm, relaxing evening at home with homemade bath bombs featuring her favorite scents and colors.
- Vintage teacup candles. Is your mother-in-law the antiquing type? Find a unique teacup and use it as the vessel for a hand-poured candle.
- Photo coasters. Find some of her favorite pictures of the family, print them out and use Mod Podge to adhere them onto ceramic coasters.
- Reclaimed wood signs/artwork. Using reclaimed barn wood is a popular trend right now, and for good reason. Make your own sign or piece of art that she’ll treasure forever.
Top gift cards for your mother-in-law
In pinch for time or still stuck for ideas this Christmas? A gift card for your mother-in-law’s favorite retailer, store or restaurant is sure to be appreciated.
Christmas Deals and Coupons
Frequently asked questions
Photo by Kira auf der Heide on Unsplash