From sweet to sassy, we’ve got you covered.
She’s always able to pick out the perfect gift when she’s shopping for you. But when it comes time for you to get something for your girlfriend… crickets. There are so many things you can get her, but make sure your gift is just as special as she is to you.
Top Christmas gifts for your girlfriend 2019
Christmas shopping for the people who mean the most to you can sometimes be the most difficult. You spend so much time with this person and know them so well that you’ve got lots of “maybe” gift ideas swimming around in your head. But what’s the perfect gift to give her? We have a few ideas.
Slouchy Cable Knit Cardigan
Chocolate Waffle Shots
Smart Jewelry Personal Safety Device
Boba Tea Kit
Message in a Bottle
Unicorn Pendant with Initial and Birthstone
Literati Club Book Scarf
Metallic Jumper With V Neck
24k Edible Gold Lollipops
Hair Tie Bracelet
The Great Escape Face Mask Set
Chanel Perfectly Polished Manicure Essentials Set
Brush Strokes Luxe Brush Collection
Amazon Echo and Alexa
12 Month Planner & Agenda
Tartelette Toasted Eyeshadow Palette
Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch
Me without You Hardcover by Ralph Lazar
UGG Womens Anika Herringbone Robe
S'well 17 oz. Bottle
Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera
The Big Activity Book For Couples
InnoGear Essential Oil Diffuser
'She Believed She Could' Cuff
Fashion editor’s picks:
Make It Mine Valentine Strap & Tassel
Maralyn & Me Faux-Fur-Trim Hooded Puffer Coat
Cactus Grow Kit
Ribbed Keyhole Skater Dress
Top retailers for Christmas gifts for your girlfriend
- For the fashionable girlfriend… head to Boohoo, Showpo, Missguided or ASOS for the latest in clothing, shoes and accessories.
- For the geeky girlfriend… get her some fan gear from ThinkGeek. Pick one of her favorite themes (Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Firefly, Game of Thrones) and shop away.
- For the beauty obsessed girlfriend… try Sephora or ASOS. Both stores have a top picks section filled with goodies.
- For the sporty girlfriend… go to Nashbar or Amazon for exercise gear, heart rate monitors or fitness equipment.
- For the stylish girlfriend… go to Urban Outfitters for beautifully designed homewares, accessories and apparel.
- For the bohemian girlfriend… get her clothing or lingerie from Free People (and maybe a ticket to Coachella).
- For the music-loving girlfriend… see what sold out concert tickets you can score for her at SeatGeek.
How to pick the best Christmas gifts for your girlfriend
Finding a gift for your girlfriend will require you to do a bit of investigative work. Think about her personality, hobbies and the things she cares most about. Ask yourself these questions and you might come up with the ultimate gift idea quicker than you thought:
- What are her hobbies or interests? This is where your knowledge of her favorite TV shows and movies comes into play. Or how her other interests — like cooking, reading, art or music — can be used to come up with a gift idea.
- Is she a die-hard sports fan? Is there a particular team or player she’d love to have a jersey for? How about other sports memorabilia, or even tickets to a game or two?
- Does she need anything? The two of you most likely spend lots of time together, so in the weeks and months leading up to Christmas, pay attention to anything she might actually need. Not only will she be floored to have something so useful, but she’ll also know you really pay attention when she mentions things.
What can I get the girlfriend who has everything?
No matter how hard to you try to think of something she truly wants or needs, you might realize that your girlfriend already has just about everything. If that’s the case, consider gifts like:
- Her favorite perfume. Sooner or later, she’s bound to run out. Plus, fragrances can be romantic gifts.
- A date-night gift. What would be her dream date night? Brainstorm ideas, then put together a gift that’ll give her just that. Maybe it’s two tickets to see a play together, or maybe it’s a bowl of premium popcorn and your favorite movies for a cozy night in.
- Tickets to an event. Think of sporting events, movies, plays, concerts and other events she’d love to go to.
- Something cozy and warm. A girl can never have too many comfy blankets, slippers and warm hats and scarves.
- A donation in her name to her favorite charity. Is she passionate about saving animals or helping children in need? Make a donation in her name to a charity that aligns with her values and passions.
What are the best DIY Christmas gifts for girlfriends?
Handmade gifts come straight from the heart, so she might appreciate a DIY gift more than anything you could find at the store. A few ideas are:
- Photo collage. Grab a few picture frames or one large one and fill it with photo memories from your times together.
- Girls weekend in a jar. Treat your girlfriend to a weekend away with a friend. Fill a mason jar with details about the trip like lodging arrangements and essentials like mini liquor bottles, travel-sized shampoo and fun snacks for the road.
- Date-night jar. Alternatively, you can put together a date night jar for the two of you to enjoy.
- Chalkboard paint mugs. Grab a mug or two and use chalkboard paint to cover the bottom half. Write a cute message on it with chalk, wrap it up and watch her smile when she opens it.
- Wooden furniture. Are you handy with a saw? Make her a small piece of furniture that she could really use, like a nightstand, kitchen cart or coffee table.
Top gift cards for couples
In a pinch for time or still stuck for ideas this Christmas? A gift card to the couple’s favorite retailer, store or restaurant is sure to be appreciated.