$150 off select flight + hotel packages
If you’re planning a vacation and want to book everything on one site, CheapTickets could be a strong option. But its rewards program is fairly limited and its customer service charges may turn some customers off.
What sets this brand apart?
CheapTickets can help you locate and book travel arrangements — then again, several other websites also do that. A couple of perks that make CheapTickets unique:
When you book a flight with CheapTickets, you’ll receive CheapCash to help fund a hotel booking. The exact amount you’ll receive varies and the rewards expire in 30 days.
If you book a flight, car rental or cruise with CheapTickets and find a cheaper price online within 24 hours, CheapTickets will refund you the difference. For vacation packages, you’ve got 48 hours after booking to find a better rate. It also accepts claims up to 48 hours before check-in for hotel reservations.
Pros and cons
If you’re still weighing whether or not CheapTickets is for you, consider the benefits and drawbacks:
- Secret bargain hotels can save you up to 50%. When you sign up for a CheapTickets account, you’ll get access to exclusive, members-only deals on select hotels.
- Destination deals offer standout prices. It’s got hotel rates under $79 per night and flight deals under $119. If you’re looking to book a vacation but are flexible with where you go, browsing its DEALS! page could save hundreds on a getaway.
- Promo codes can save you more. In addition to daily deals and discounts, CheapTickets offers promo codes to further slash the price.
- Vacation packages reduce overall price. Bundle your flight+hotel, flight+hotel+car, flight+car or hotel+car to get discounted rates.
- Rewards program is fairly limited. You can only earn CheapCash by booking a flight, and you must use it on a hotel reservation within 30 days — otherwise, it expires.
- Phone service fees. If you call to get help cancelling or rescheduling a flight after 24 hours of booking, CheapTickets charges a $25 fee. Those who value complimentary customer service may want to look elsewhere.
What is CheapTickets?
CheapTickets is a site that helps you book flights, hotel rooms, car rentals and cruises — plus event and attraction tickets for entertainment once your feet are on the ground. It searches hundreds of providers to save you time while you’re planning a trip and curates special everyday deals.
What can I buy from CheapTickets?
CheapTickets can help you find and book:
- Hotel reservations
- Car rentals
- Vacation packages
- Event tickets
Special offers from CheapTickets
Confirmation and ticket delivery
After you make a purchase, your ticket, voucher and/or order confirmation will be delivered to your email inbox along with a receipt.
You might be able to print the tickets, depending on the type of product you purchased — but most providers allow and even encourage entry through digital tickets.
Payment methods accepted by CheapTickets:
- American Express
- Diners Card International
You can also use PayPal or Affirm to fund your purchase on hotel reservations.
Returns and refunds
Return and refund policies vary, depending on the product you purchased and the direct provider you purchased from. For instance, if you purchase a plane ticket, the cancellation and change fees will be determined by the airline you booked with, not CheapTickets.
Read the terms and conditions before checkout to understand the risk in advance.
In general, here’s what you need to know:
- Flights. Most flights can be cancelled, penalty-free, within 24 hours of booking. However, if you call CheapTickets to modify a plane ticket over the phone after the initial 24 hours, CheapTickets will charge a $25 service fee in additional to penalties charged by the airline.
- Hotels. Most prepaid hotel reservations will incur a fee if cancelled. Pay-later hotel reservations are generally more flexible, but still must be cancelled at least 24 to 72 hours ahead of check-in, depending on the hotel’s policy.
- Car rentals. Prepaid reservations are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Otherwise, change or cancellation fees depend on the rental company.
- Cruises. Reduced rate cruise reservations are typically non-refundable. Otherwise, change or cancellation fees depend on the cruise line.
- Event and attraction tickets. Most event and attraction tickets are nonrefundable and cannot be changed after you make a purchase.
If you typically stay in hotels while traveling, CheapTickets has decent incentives to make using its service worthwhile. But if you’re hoping for more flexibility when it comes to using your rewards, check out some of the best sites for booking travel to find one that better suits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
6 reasons why you’ll want the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™
Because your time is priceless.
Delta Medallion status: How does it work and why you should get it
Ascend through its ranks and Delta Medallion Status pays off with additional perks and benefits for SkyMiles members.
United Quest℠ Card review
The Chase United Quest piles on the perks without breaking the bank.
Best 0% APR credit cards
Our top picks for cards with zero intro APR in 2021.
Get 50% off flights with Frontier Airlines’ flash sale — ends Thursday
In addition to great deals, the airline just launched 16 new routes for nonstop travel from $39.
Best airline credit cards of 2021
Have your sights set on travel this year? We compared nearly 100 cards to find the best deals and perks.
Getting the travel itch? Act fast to fly from $21 with Frontier and $49 with JetBlue
Shop hundreds of one-way flights that cost less than $50 from these two major airlines.
Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card Review
Fill out your stamp card to redeem on a reward night.
US State Department lifts the Level 4 global travel advisory – here’s where you can go
See where you can travel, and learn about advisories around the world.
Croatia opens up to US tourists despite EU travel ban
The coastal nation along the Adriatic Sea is now welcoming US travelers — here’s what to know.
Ask an Expert