Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Does Chase have a secured credit card?
You’ll need to get this card type from a different provider.
Updated . What changed?
Unfortunately, Chase doesn’t support a secured credit card — or any card for poor or fair credit. But other card providers offer solid secured credit cards with low fees and interest rates.
Our pick for a secured credit card
OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit CardRead more
Alternatives to a Chase secured credit card
While Chase doesn’t offer a secured credit card, you’ll find secured cards from different providers worth considering.
Are there Chase credit cards for poor credit?
Unfortunately, no. As of this writing, Chase doesn’t offer a single card that a consumer with poor or even fair credit could obtain. At the very least, you’ll need a good credit score to qualify for a Chase credit card.
If you’re looking for a card suitable for a poor or fair credit score, you’ll need to look to other providers. Check out our credit cards for fair credit article to start comparing your options.
Features to look for to find a secured credit card
When looking for a secured credit card, keep an eye on:
- Annual fee. Some secured credit cards come with an annual fee of up to $49. But you can also find excellent secured credit cards without an annual fee.
- Secured deposit. Deposit amounts required vary among card providers. Look for one that allows for an amount that fits your budget.
- Interest rates. Depending on the secured card, you could find fixed and variable rates. If you often carry a balance, look for a card with the lowest rates.
- Cash back. Although rare, some secured credit cards allow you to earn cash back on your purchases.
- Reports to credit bureaus. Make sure the provider reports your responsible spending and on-time payments to all three major bureaus — TransUnion, Experian and Equifax.
Chase doesn’t offer secured credit cards, but other providers do. Compare the range of secured credit cards available until you find the best card for your budget and goals.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert