Enjoy exclusive travel benefits, multiple point bonuses and no foreign transaction fees with this high-end card.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you want to earn rewards for your frequent travel — and don’t mind paying $450 p.a. for it.
- Pick something else if… you’d rather not pay a steep annual fee or don’t travel at all.
- Excellent credit score of 720 or higher recommended.
|Product Name||Chase Sapphire Reserve|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||17.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||17.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 21 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Good (700-739)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$75|
|Rewards Program||Chase Ultimate Rewards®|
|Bonus Points on Sign-up||50,000|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||3|
Not many cards come with the steep annual fee you’ll pay for the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. But it can offer great value for your money if you seek luxury while traveling — and travel often.
Right off the bat, you can get 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first three months of use. What’s more: It’s a premium travel card, allowing you to earn 3x points on travel and dining and 1x points on every spending. And you can relax in class with complimentary access to 1,000 airport lounges in 500 cities worldwide.
The Sapphire Reserve card offers an unheard-of signup bonus of 50,000 points to get you on your way to enjoying the benefits of this high-end credit card. While other Chase credit cards will cost you nothing in annual fees, if you often travel overseas and enjoy first-class amenities, you can make back the fee in no time.
If you use this high-end card regularly, you can definitely make the high $450 p.a. annual fee worth it.
- Generous signup bonus. Earn a whopping 50,000 points — a $750 value — when you spend $4,000 in the first three months. Redeem points for travel, dining and other perks.
- 3x points on travel and dining. Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on hotels, airfare, taxis and trains and at restaurants worldwide. You’ll earn 1x points for all other purchases.
- Annual $300 statement credit. Get reimbursed for travel purchases charged to your card. Get an additional $100 toward Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every four years.
- Access 1,000 airport lounges worldwide. Relax at VIP lounges in over 500 cities with one-time enrollment in Priority Pass Select.
- Robust point redemption for travel. Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for airfare, cruises, car rentals and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards. Or redeem your points for cash back.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card overseas without the worry of extra transaction fees.
You’ll also like…
- Exclusive travel benefits. Enjoy additional benefits on car rentals, at Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection and more.
- Travel protection. Coverage includes trip cancellation and interruption insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, emergency evacuation and transportation, trip delay reimbursement, purchase protection, price protection, return protection and extended warranty protection.
- 24/7 Worldwide Service Team. Get direct access to a customer service specialist, the Chase Travel Team, and Visa Infinite Concierge for assistance with reservations, Broadway tickets and sporting events.
What to watch out for
- Steep annual fee. To justify the $450 p.a. fee, you’ll need to regularly make use of this high-end card.
- No intro APR. You’ll begin paying interest on any balances after your first statement.
Compare other Chase credit cards
What you should know before applying
To apply for the Sapphire Reserve card, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a permanent resident of the US.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score should I have?
Excellent credit score of 720 or higher will increase the chances of your application’s approval.
How do I apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card?
1. Go to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card website and click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application with your personal and financial information. Accept the terms and submit.
How long will it take for me to be approved?
After you submit an online application, you’ll find out about its status almost immediately. The bank typically sends a letter notifying you of the same in 7 to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Keep track of your spending. Register with Chase Online to monitor your account activity 24/7.
- Watch out for penalties. If your payments are late or your checks returned, you’ll pay up to $37.00.
- Contact customer service. Get round-the-clock access to the Chase Worldwide Service Team. Contact Chase at 1-800-432-3117, on Twitter @ChaseSupport or log in to your account to send a secure email.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card is a good fit for people who seek exclusive privileges when traveling. With enough travel, you can offset the high $450 p.a. annual fee.