Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card review
Earn 1.5% back on all purchases without paying an annual fee.
finder.com’s rating: 4.4 / 5
- Get this card if you want to earn rewards on your purchases without the hassle of tracking rewards categories.
- Pick something else if you want a higher cashback rate or a card with a lengthy intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers.
- Apply with a good business credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1.5%
Intro purchase APR
for the first 12 months (then 13.24% to 19.24% variable)
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card comes with a $0 annual fee and an unlimited 1.5x points on all purchases — or 1.5% in cash back — and it has no additional cardholder fee for your employees.
In addition, you get to earn a solid $750 welcome offer, and you get 12 months of 0% intro APR period on purchases. This can help you stack up on inventories and pay them off in a year without paying interest.
Another cool feature of the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card is that you can move your points to the more expensive Ink Preferred card and get even higher reward value when you redeem for travel purchases. Combining Chase business credit cards is known as the Chase trifecta.
But even on its own, the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card can be a solid credit card to any business looking to earn flat rewards on all purchases.
How to apply for the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card?
- Learn more about how to apply for Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card.
- Complete the application form with all the required information about yourself and your business.
- Review your application, click that you’ve read and agree to the Certifications and Pricing and Terms and then hit Submit.
- Business name, address and phone number
- Tax identification number
- Years in business and type of business
- Number of employees and annual revenue
- Full name and home address
- Phone number and email
- Social Security number
- Mother’s maiden name and date of birth
- Annual income
What credit score do I need?
You can apply with a good business credit score of 670 or higher. Well-established businesses with an excellent credit score have a better chance of being approved.
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card benefits
- Signup bonus. Get $750 bonus cash back when you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. You can redeem your points for $750 cash back, which equals a 11.5% return for the $7,500 spent.
- Unlimited cash back. Get 1.5% cashback rewards on every purchase you make. That’s about $1.50 per $100 spent. If you don’t spend on any particular category like office supplies, gas or travel booking, then a universal cashback card could benefit your company.
- Intro APR on purchases. You get a 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months from opening your account and an APR between 13.24% to 19.24% variable after that. If you plan to make a large purchase, the intro APR period could help you out.
- Travel protection. To assist you when traveling, the card membership gives you access to legal, medical or other travel emergency assistance you may need. Also, when you pay for your entire car rental with your Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card, you’re insured against theft or collision damage.
- Roadside assistance. Whenever you need help on the road — whether it be towing, replacing a tire, charging your car battery or gas delivery — call 800-847-2869 and the emergency service will assist you. Keep in mind that third-party service costs will be charged to your card.
- Purchase protection. Get coverage up to 120 days after you make a purchase against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account. You also get extended warranty on eligible items.
- No additional cardholder fee for employee cards. Get employee cards at no additional cost. Also, you can set up spending limits and earn additional cash back from every purchase your employees make.
- Credit line. Usually, the size of the credit line you receive depends on many factors, but with this card, you’ll start with at least $3,000. This is relatively higher when compared to other cashback cards. For example, the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business has a starting credit line of $2,000. To get a credit limit higher than $25,000, Chase may request additional information from you.
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card drawbacks
- Foreign transaction fees. When you travel abroad, try to minimize your payments with this card or you will incur fees of 3% per transaction.
- High balance transfer and cash advance fees. The card comes with balance transfer fees of $5 or 5% whichever is greater of the transfer as well as cash advance fees of $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater. Other small business cards have fees of 3% to 4%.
Compare business credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What size business is the Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card good for?
Small businesses that spend on various categories could find the 1.5% unlimited cash back helpful. And if you want to make a large purchase for your business, the 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months from opening your account could be helpful. After the intro period passes, you’ll have an APR between 13.24% to 19.24% variable.
With the 1.5% cash back you’ll earn $3,600 annually if your monthly expenses total $20,000. Compare all three Chase Ink cards to find the one that best fits your business needs.
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card reviews and complaints
JPMorgan Chase Credit Card is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau but it has an A+ rating and a composite score of 1.18 out of 5 stars based on 229 customer reviews as of August 2021. Most customer complaints revolve around poor customer service and hidden costs for Chase credit cards in general. Make sure you read your card’s terms and the rewards agreement to avoid issues with your account.
The Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card offers a generous signup bonus and an unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases. On its own, this card can be useful to small businesses that spend on various categories. But pair it with another Ultimate Rewards card and you’ll start earning some serious points.
Before applying for a credit card, compare other business credit cards to find the best one that compliments your business.
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.