Celebrity Cruises review for March 2021
Enjoy world-class service and innovative entertainment above the waves.
Celebrity Cruises is remarkable for its focus on crafting unique onboard experiences. Enjoy world-class service and innovative entertainment above the waves. Plus, drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities are always included in your fare. Cheers to that!
Number of ships
|Target demographic||Families, Adults, Seniors, Teenagers, Toddlers, Honeymooners, Singles, Young Adults, People with disabilities|
|Number of ships||14 ships|
|Contact options||Phone, Email, Facebook Messenger|
|Payment options||Visa, Mastercard, American Express|
|Deposit required||Deposit at checkout|
|Deposit required||No price matching|
|Room service||Room service included|
Amy Stoltenberg writes about lifestyle and money for Finder, researching the best options for shopping, banking, insurance and authentic travel experiences. After studying writing and fashion at Savannah College of Art and Design, she worked as a technical designer before opting for a career with unlimited travel time. She lives in Los Angeles. When her laptop's closed, you can find her wandering the streets looking for hole-in-the-wall eateries and daydreaming about her next great adventure.
Whether you’re hoping for an intimate cruise with 99 like-minded passengers to the Galapagos or are looking to get lost at sea with hundreds of vacationing revelers, Celebrity Cruises has a ship to meet your needs. Its nearly 1:2 staff-to-passenger ratio promises attentive service — especially if you’re in a suite, in which case you’re paired with a personal European-style butler.
Parents may take a shine to the S.T.E.M-inspired activities designed for youth, while they can escape with other adults at a kid-free lounge. Guests of all ages can enjoy unique entertainment, such as American Ballet Theater, musical and play productions, live music and dynamic parties (silent disco, anyone?).
Just keep in mind that this isn’t a budget experience. If you’re not a big drinker and are looking for a low sticker price and good value, check out Carnival or Norwegian Cruise Line instead.
Where do Celebrity Cruises depart from?
Celebrity Cruises’ ships depart from 25+ ports worldwide, from Oceania to Europe, the United States and even Galapagos.
- Amsterdam, Anchorage, Auckland, Baltra, Baoshan, Barcelona, Bayonne, Boston, Buenos Aires, Dubai, Dublin, Fairbanks, Fort Lauderdale, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Lisbon, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Miami, New York City, Newark, Rome, San Antonio, San Diego, San Juan, Seward, Shanghai, Singapore, Southampton, Sydney, Tokyo, Vancouver, Venice
Celebrity Cruises destinations
Escape to stunning bucket-list locales around the globe — but note that it doesn’t dock at any ports in Africa.
- Alaska, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada and New England, Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, Europe, Galapagos, Hawaii, India, Mediterranean, Middle East, Northern Europe, Pacific, Pacific Coastal, Panama Canal, South America, South Pacific, Southern Caribbean, Southern Europe, Transatlantic, Western Europe, Western Mediterranean
Celebrity cruise packages
If you want to further elevate your onboard experience, consider booking one of Celebrity’s packages. We expect these to come in handy for couples booking a romantic getaway, along with friends who want to pamper themselves while sailing into the sunset. Here’s what you have to choose from:
|Perks Extra||Perks Ultra||Premier Pass||The Retreat|
|Shore excursion credit||Same as Perks Extra, plus:||The Premier Pass must be purchased by two guests in the same cabin. It includes:||The Retreat aims to mimic the experience you’d have at an all-inclusive luxury resort. Instead of a regular cabin, you’ll stay in the nicest, largest suite on the ship — and you’ll also get:|
|Premium beverage package for one guest||Unlimited digital photo package||Priority embarkation and debarkation||One shore excursion credit|
|Dinner in specialty restaurants of your choice||One welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot||Premium drinks|
|High speed Wi-Fi||High speed Wi-Fi||High-speed Wi-Fi|
|Laundry service||Inside Access tour||Luxury suites|
|Officer’s lunch||Reserved theater seating|
|Captain’s toast and photo||Dedicated butler|
|Wine pairing with sommelier||Access to the VIP lounge, private restaurant and sun deck|
|Laundry service||24/7 complementary in-suite dining|
|Premium bath amenities|
|Plush bedroom slippers and bathrobes|
|Complimentary bottle of champagne|
Why you should — or shouldn’t — cruise with Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruises offers enchanting experiences atop the waves, and we especially love that you don’t need to worry about paying for drinks or Wi-Fi after stepping aboard. Still, it may not be a good option for families with kids or travelers on a super strict budget, since it’s more of a luxury experience — which is reflected in the price tag.
- Drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities are included in your fare.
- 24/7 Apple computer lab available for use.
- Food and drink packages can save you money at specialty restaurants.
- There’s a certified sommelier in every restaurant.
- Shore excursions cost extra.
- Pricier than budget cruise lines like Carnival or MSC Cruises.
- Smart Casual attire may be too strict for some — no T-shirts, swimsuits, shorts or flip-flops allowed during the evenings.
Frequently asked questions about Celebrity Cruises
Who owns Celebrity cruises?
Celebrity Cruises falls under Royal Caribbean International ownership since 1997.
Does Celebrity Cruises offer a branded credit card?
Yes. The Celebrity Cruises Visa Signature can earn you extra points and rewards when you book one of its cruises.