Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
CatholicMatch online dating review
If you don't find The One within 6 months — it'll give you another 6 months of premium access for free.
Looking for love grounded in the Catholic faith? With religion-based questions and a community of like-minded individuals, we’ve got the scoop on what CatholicMatch has to offer before you commit.
Pros and cons
Here are the upsides and a few hitches of CatholicMatch.
- More Catholics than other online dating sites
- CatholicMatch ensures its members value their Catholic faith through a series of faith-based questions
- Guarantees premium members will find someone special within six months, or it’ll give you an extra six months free
- Free plan doesn’t allow direct messaging to matches.
- Coaching is only available for subscribed members who are struggling to meet a match.
How much does CatholicMatch cost?
CatholicMatch is free to join and offers a selection of tools without needing to pay. However, if you want to access all the extra features, you’ll have to upgrade to the premium membership.
|1 month||$29.95 a month|
|3 months||$19.95 a month|
|6 months||$12.49 a month|
What’s included in the premium membership?
- Unlimited and unrestricted messaging
- CatholicMatch Guarantee
- Access to priority customer support
- Access to the community chat room
- Send personalized emoticons
Does CatholicMatch have a free trial?
Yes! CatholicMatch offers a free account that lets you familiarize yourself with the platform and test the waters in online dating.
Make a profile, view potential matches and receive communication for up to 10 days without paying. Free members can also send emoticons to anyone that catches your eye. But you’ll need to pay to respond to messages.
How does CatholicMatch work?
CatholicMatch matches potential couples based on a Likert scale. After filling out a questionnaire, you’ll see compatible singles on your Match Page. Also, use match filters to narrow down potential mates by key factors, including distance.
It also has a search tool that lets you view all singles that weren’t included on your Match Page. You control the results by filtering out members that don’t fit your preferred criteria.
Strike up a conversation with anyone you’re interested in if you have a paid membership. Or, send an emoticon to show your interest if you’re on the free plan.
These are the ins and outs of CatholicMatch:
- Filters. Sift through potential matches using filters, including religious teachings, ideal age, height and location.
- Matching process. Its matching system helps connect couples who have compatible personalities, values and interests.
- Communication options. Premium members can start a conversation at any time. Free accounts can send emoticons, but the messages you receive from matches are blurred out for the first ten days.
How to set up a CatholicMatch account
Here’s how to get started on CatholicMatch:
- Head to the CatholicMatch website or download the app from your phone’s app store.
- Sign up for an account using your email or through Facebook.
- Answer the writing prompts, including a series of questions about your faith and beliefs.
- Upload a profile picture.
- Review your potential matches.
How to delete CatholicMatch
Follow these steps to cancel your account:
- Go to the CatholicMatch Help Desk website.
- Under Account and subscription, choose How can I cancel my account?
- Select the third drop-down option, I’m certain that I won’t be back.
- Follow the link to remove your account.
If you’re deleting your account because you’ve found your special someone, let CatholicMatch know. You’ll get a free gift reserved for its successful couples.
How safe is CatholicMatch?
CatholicMatch is a safe online dating app. It vets every profile and photo and has a designated security team committed to its members’ safety.
CatholicMatch also has a 24/7 security system that scans every account for scamming or malicious behavior. A staff member will review any red flags and shut down the account if necessary.
Members can also report any suspicious activity.
As the name suggests, CatholicMatch specifically caters to devout Catholics looking for marriage. The site brings in individuals from both smaller cities and metropolitan areas across the globe. The gender split is around 50/50 between men and women using the platform. Not sure it’s right for you? Check out the best online dating apps of the year to see if there’s a better fit.
Frequently asked questions
Have more questions about CatholicMatch? Find answers here.
What are my payments options?
Like most dating sites, you can pay using the standard credit card, including Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
How do renewals and cancellations work?
Renewals are made at the end of each billing cycle to the account you set up your paid subscription with. You also have the option to turn off autorenewal.
Once you’ve canceled your subscription, you’ll continue as a free member at the end of your billing cycle.
What’s the difference between CatholicMatch’s matching and searching?
Matching connects you with singles that are compatible based on your Match Portrait questionnaire. The search tool lets you view all other members. You can filter your results and create saved searches.
More guides on Finder
How do Best Buy rewards work?
Earn up to 2.5% back in rewards and get free shipping.
Medici review Jan 2021
Chat with your regular doctor, specialist or therapist via text and video with this app.
Amazon Prime Day beauty deals 2021
Don’t overlook Amazon for your favorite beauty and makeup brands. Get ’em at a discount during Prime Day’s two days of savings.
Amazon Prime Day health and personal care deals 2021
Give yourself some TLC and save on health, beauty and personal care items with one of these top Amazon Prime Day deals.
Amazon Prime Day musical instruments deals 2021
Check out the latest deals on musical instruments throughout the Amazon Prime Day event right here.
Bask Bank Savings review
American Airlines loyals can earn free miles with this savings account.
MDLive review Jan 2021
Access 24/7 appointments by phone or video, and know the upfront cost.
Amwell review Jan 2021
Book a virtual appointment with a doctor, therapist or specialist around the clock.
Doctor on Demand review Jan 2021
With this telemedicine app, you’ll only pay a flat rate fee when you visit a doctor.
eHarmony online dating review
While it’s one of the pricier dating apps out there, it guarantees you’ll make a meaningful connection in 3 months — or it’ll give you 3 months free.
Ask an Expert