Double your earnings at the end of your first card year.
Discover offers a suite of cashback cards that include no-frills cards, cards for students with a limited credit history and a secured card for building credit. Depending on your choice, you can earn accelerated cash back in rotating or fixed categories — and double everything you earn within your first year.
Compare Discover cashback credit cards
Best Discover cashback credit cards
Jump to …
Best credit card for building credit: Discover it® Secured
Discover it® Secured
2% cashback at restaurants or gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter. Plus 1% cash back on all other credit card purchases.
Best Discover card for students: Discover it® Student Cash Back
Discover it® Student Cash Back
Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Best credit card for NHL fans: NHL Discover it® Card
NHL Discover it® Card
Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more, up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases — automatically.
Best overall: Discover it® Cash Back
Discover it® Cash BackRead more
Typical benefits of a Discover cashback card
Each Discover cashback card comes with its own perks and features. But they share common benefits that include:
- A cashback match. Discover matches the entirety of the cash back you earn during your first year. And it doesn’t come with a maximum.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee with any of Discover’s cashback cards. But you must put down a one-time deposit for the secured card.
- Free FICO score. Every Discover card allows you to access your FICO score for free either online or on your monthly statement.
- Freeze your card. If you lose your card, freeze it to prevent anyone from using it. You can unfreeze it at any time if it turns up.
- US-based customer service. Discover’s support team is in the US, and it earns positive reviews around the web.
How to compare Discover cashback credit cardsDiscover cashback credit cards are fairly similar. The main difference lies in the credit-score ranges they’re aimed at. You can narrow your options with three questions:
- Are you a student? Students can choose between two Discover cashback cards. For the highest value, consider the Discover it® Student Cash Back.
- Do you want to build your credit score? With the Discover it® Secured, you deposit a minimum of $200 to start building or rebuilding your credit score while earning cash back on your purchases.
- Do you want the best Discover cashback card? Both the Discover it® Cash Back and the NHL Discover it® Card offer accelerated cash back in rotating categories every three months and a long intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases.
Consider a top card from another brand
Chase Freedom®Read more
Discover offers several cashback cards with uniform features — you get either accelerated cash back in rotating categories or lower cash back in fixed categories. Discover also matches the entire cashback amount you earn in your first card year, which can beat signup bonuses offered by most other providers.
To find the best card for your lifestyle and budget, consider other cashback credit cards before deciding.