Double your earnings at the end of your first card year.
Your choices for a Discover cashback card include standard credit cards, cards for students with limited credit history and a secured card for building credit. Earn accelerated cash back on rotating or fixed categories depending on the card, and double everything you earn within your first year.
Compare Discover cashback credit cards
Best Discover cashback credit cards
Jump to …
Best credit card for building credit: Discover it® Secured
Discover it® Secured
2% cashback at restaurants or gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter. Plus 1% cash back on all other credit card purchases.
Best Discover card for students: Discover it® Student Cash Back
Discover it® Student Cash Back
Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Best credit card for NHL fans: NHL Discover it® Card
NHL Discover it® Card
Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more, up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases — automatically.
Best overall: Discover it® Cash Back
Discover it® Cash BackRead more
Typical benefits of a Discover cashback card
All Discover cashback cards have their own specific perks and features. But they share common benefits, including:
- Cashback match. Discover matches the entirety of the cash back you earn during your first year, and it doesn’t come with a maximum.
- No annual fee. All Discover cashback cards come without an annual fee. Though you will have to put down a one-time deposit for the secured card.
- Free FICO score. Every Discover card lets you access your FICO score for free either online or on your monthly statement.
- Freeze your card. If you lose your Discover cashback card, freeze it to prevent anyone from using it. You can unfreeze it at any time if it turns up.
- US-based customer service.Discover boasts a US-based customer service team, which has received good reviews around the web.
How to compare Discover cashback credit cardsWhen looking for a Discover cashback credit card, you’ll find that they’re fairly similar. The main difference among the cards are the credit-score ranges they’re aimed at. To make the right choice, consider:
- Are you a student? Students can choose between two Discover cashback cards. For the highest value, consider the Discover it® Student Cash Back.
- Do you want to build your credit score? With the Discover it® Secured, you can deposit a minimum of $200 and start building your credit score while earning cash back on your purchases.
- Do you want the best Discover cashback card? Both the Discover it® Cash Back and the NHL Discover it® Card offer accelerated cash back on rotating categories every three months and a long intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases.
Consider a top card from another brand
Chase Freedom®Read more
Discover offers several cashback cards with uniform features — you get either accelerated cash back on rotating categories or lower cash back on fixed categories. Discover will also match the entire cashback amount earned during your first card year, which can beat signup bonuses offered by most other providers.
To find the best card for your situation you may want to consider other cashback credit cards and compare your options.