Applying for a short term loan in Houston can give you quick access to the money you need.
If you have less than perfect credit and find yourself in a financial emergency, you might be looking for an alternative to traditional bank loans. A payday loan, or cash advance, could get you through this rough patch, but understanding how these types of loans work is important. This guide will give you the information you need to make your decision. The most important thing to keep in mind is that a payday loan is a temporary fix, not a long-term solution.
Check Into Cash Loans
Check Into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure!
A selection of loans for Houston residents
Are payday loans legal in Houston?
Cash advances in Houston, also referred to as payday loans or payday advances, are legal. Texas codes govern the operations of all cash advance providers in Houston. The same set of laws apply to storefront and online cash advance providers.
For loan amounts of $100 or less, the maximum loan term is one month for every $10, or six months, whichever is shorter. If the loan amount exceeds $100, the loan term is limited to one month for every $20. The minimum loan term is seven days.
Why might you consider taking out a cash advance in Houston?
- Easy application process. You can apply for a cash advance in Houston online or in-store.
- Quick access to money. A payday advance in Houston can give you quick access to money. When you apply at a storefront, you can get your hands on the money you need as soon as the lender approves your application. With an online loan you can get the money in your bank account by the following business day. In some cases, you may have to wait longer.
- Apply if you have poor credit. Poor or bad credit does not have to get in the way of your getting a cash advance in Houston. This is because payday lenders look at more than just your credit score. They take your existing financial situation and ability to repay into account as well.
- Use money for different reasons. Payday lenders don’t place restrictions on how you can use the money you get. You can use proceeds from your loan to repair your car, pay bills or get by a temporary setback.
What fees and charges do cash advances in Houston come with?
Fees for Houston cash advances are restricted by law. Here’s what you need to know:
- If the loan amount is up to $30, a cash advance provider can charge a maximum of $1 for every $5.
- If you borrow more than $30 but less than $100, you may have to pay an acquisition charge of up to one-tenth of the loan amount. You may also have to pay an installment account handling charge.
- For loans of more than $100, lenders cannot charge an acquisition charge of more than $10. The installment account handling charge cannot be more than $4 for every $100 per month.
How can I apply for a Houston payday loan?
When you apply for your first cash advance in Houston you’ll realize the process doesn’t take much time. Depending on the lender you choose you can apply in-store or online. In both cases, you’ll have to meet these eligibility criteria:
- You’re at least 18 years of age
- You’re an American citizen or a legal resident of this country
- You have a steady source of income
To complete the application successfully you’ll have to provide some basic personal information, which includes:
- Your name, residential address, email address and phone number
- Your date of birth, Social Security number and details from a valid form of ID such as your passport or driver’s license
- Details about your employment and income