Browse thousands of guaranteed and checked-out models and makes — all from the comfort of your couch.
What is Carvana?
Think of Carvana as a used-car dealership that operates online. After a lengthy approval process, Carvana buys used cars to sell through its website. It offers hundreds of types of cars — from make to model to the number of miles racked up. Plus, until you buy a car from Carvana, its service is free to use.
What can I buy at Carvana?
From Hondas to Audis, you’ll find a wide selection of cars that are five years old or newer.
- Sedans. If you’re looking to buy your teen a safe but affordable first car, Carvana lets you compare and weigh your sedan options.
- SUVs. Find great deals — and plenty of legroom — through a range of sports utilities.
- Trucks. From rugged to sporty and fun, you’ll find the truck you want.
- Minivans. Perfect for soccer parents and other adults alike, minivans offer heaps of functionality.
- Hatchbacks. Whether you’re loading items or just like the modern look, Caravan has options for your hatchback hopes.
- Convertibles. Feel the wind in your hair at the wheel of a beautiful convertible.
- Coupes. Carvana includes hundreds of options to meet your needs.
- Wagons. With plenty of spacious wagons, you won’t ever have to worry about legroom.
- Trade-ins. If you’re looking to sell or trade in your car, just enter your information for an estimate.
Pros and Cons
- Worry-free protection. Enjoy a 100-day (or 4,189-mile) guarantee against defects and full transparency of your car’s history through Experian AutoCheck.
- Return policy. If your car doesn’t meet your expectations, return it — completely free — within seven days of delivery.
- Competitive pricing. Well below typical price ranges — especially for used cars — Carvana is perfect if you’re shopping on a budget.
- Flexible financing. Carvana gives you multiple loan options to finance your wheels.
- Wide delivery range. Carvana delivers to most ZIP codes and offers Carvana Vending Machines in select big cities.
- Quality concerns. Although Carvana inspects its merchandise and sellers report any accidents on their cards, damages can slip through the cracks, sometimes resulting in the annoyance of returning a car your heart’s set on.
- Potentially not hassle-free. Although Carvana offers a seven-day test-own period — whereby you can drive around and return your car for any reason — you won’t get the same personalized experience as you could from a dealership.
Delivery, Payment and Refunds
Shipping and Delivery
Your delivery process depends on your location. If you live within Carvana’s delivery zones, delivery of your new vehicle to your home is free. If you live outside of its delivery zones, Carvana hires a third party for costs that range from $199 to as high as $1,000 from one coast to the next. Your location heavily determines shipping costs.
If you live in Atlanta, Nashville, San Francisco or San Antonio, you may be able to pick up your car from a Carvana Vending Machine.
Carvana also offers a “fly and drive” program: It will reimburse you $200 toward a flight to one of its vending machine locations to pick up your vehicle. Carvana picks you up from the airport, and you can drive your new car home after your seven-day test drive.
Pay for your vehicle through Carvana’s financing program, your bank or cash. Get prequalified for Carvana financing online in about two minutes.
Carvana offers a seven-day test-own policy. Within seven days of your car’s delivery or pickup, you can drive it around and return it at any time for any reason for a full refund. If you had to pay for delivery initially, you won’t have to pay to send it back.
What sets Carvana apart?
Carvana is one of the only services out there that allows you to buy a car online for direct delivery to your home. It offers guaranteed cars with a generous test-drive and return policy, should what you pick out just not be your thing.
Carvana is an ideal fit for people who are looking for convenience and a deal on their next set of wheels. While you won’t get the personalized service of your local dealership, you do get a few layers of protection that include guarantees, Experian VIN checks and the ability to return your car within seven days of pickup or delivery for a refund — no questions asked.
Common questions about Carvana
Did you know that shopping for and comparing your auto insurance quotes every 6-12 months can save you thousands of dollars over your lifetime? When you compare using our Car Insurance Finder tool, you can quickly shop for, compare and get quotes from all the top insurance providers within minutes. So what are you waiting for?