Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Vuhl car insurance rates
How much does car insurance cost for a Vuhl?
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Vuhl is a brand new car manufacturer based out of Mexico, so there isn’t a history of car insurance rates to get averages from. It will release only one model to start out, the 05.
The Vuhl 05 is comparable in style and price to the Lotus 311, which has an average monthly insurance rate of $424, or $5,088 a year. You can expect a similar rate for the Vuhl 05.
Find your Vuhl model
Compare car insurance for Vuhl
How do I compare insurance for Vuhl?
Insurance costs will be higher for Vuhl cars due to their high speed and performance. In addition to personal factors such as your location, driving history and age, you can expect the following items to help determine rates for Vuhl car models.
- MSRP. The Vuhl 05 is expected to sell for close to $130,000. This high sticker price means it’s more expensive to replace for an insurer, which drives insurance rates higher.
- Country of manufacture. Vuhl currently operates a manufacturing facility in Mexico. This will help keep the cost of parts low, since Mexico and Canada avoided the 2018 tariffs imposed on foreign auto manufacturers.
- Safety features. Since the Vuhl 05 is built for legal racing, it doesn’t come equipped with many of the standard safety features that regular cars have. This lack of safety features will prevent you from getting safety-based discounts on your policy and could result in a higher rate.
- Safety ratings. Vuhl doesn’t have any official safety ratings yet. It likely won’t either, due to the racing nature of its vehicle. This could also drive insurance rates up.
- Driving performance. Similar to safety features, Vuhl is largely building for the racetrack. This makes it fun to drive, but will have a negative impact on its insurance rates. The type of vehicle and the nature of how it drives might also force you to buy a specialty insurance policy, since standard companies won’t insure any type of racing vehicle.
- Maintenance costs. Vuhl hasn’t released any vehicles, so maintenance costs could vary considerably. In general, high-performance racing cars require more maintenance, which also ups insurance rates.
- Reliability. Time will tell on Vuhl’s reliability. New car manufacturers have very high expectations for reliability, but Vuhl isn’t making it easy on themselves by diving into the legal racing car market. You can expect average reliability factors until more units are driven and sold.
- Theft rates. Vuhl doesn’t have any official theft rates yet, though it will likely be low because it will be rare at first and will probably be parked in your garage rather than on the street.
- Repair costs. Repairs for racing cars are typically much more expensive than standard cars due to the high-performance and specialized nature of the mechanical parts. This makes insurance rates more expensive.
- Fuel economy. The Vuhl 05 gets a surprising 28 mpg on fuel economy when it’s not on the racetrack. Better fuel economy not only saves on gas money but also is a factor in setting car insurance rates.
Vuhl is all about high-performance vehicles that are at home on the racetrack. It will take time for Vuhl to receive official safety and reliability ratings, though high-performance vehicles tend to score low marks on both. You can expect insurance costs to be higher than average for Vuhl cars due to this high-performance nature.
Frequently asked questions about Vuhl.
More guides on Finder
Whole life insurance vs. guaranteed life insurance
Guaranteed life insurance often has lifelong coverage just like whole life insurance, but comes with a high price tag since there is no medical exam required.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Heacock Classic car insurance review November 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Say car insurance review Nov 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Life insurance for people with anxiety
Having anxiety might result in higher life insurance rates, but you can get coverage with most companies.
Compare Auto Insurance
Get cheap car insurance rates.
Acceptance car insurance review Nov 2020
Consider Acceptance if you’re a high-risk driver, but prepare for the possibility of a negative customer service experience.
How to buy life insurance during a recession
Learn how to choose a financially stable insurer and lock in a low rate for your policy.