We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Vuhl car insurance rates
How much does car insurance cost for a Vuhl?
Vuhl is a brand new car manufacturer based out of Mexico, so there isn’t a history of car insurance rates to get averages from. It will release only one model to start out, the 05.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Vuhl 05 is comparable in style and price to the Lotus 311, which has an average monthly insurance rate of $424, or $5,088 a year. You can expect a similar rate for the Vuhl 05.
Find your Vuhl model
Compare car insurance for Vuhl
How do I compare insurance for Vuhl?
Insurance costs will be higher for Vuhl cars due to their high speed and performance. In addition to personal factors such as your location, driving history and age, you can expect the following items to help determine rates for Vuhl car models.
- MSRP. The Vuhl 05 is expected to sell for close to $130,000. This high sticker price means it’s more expensive to replace for an insurer, which drives insurance rates higher.
- Country of manufacture. Vuhl currently operates a manufacturing facility in Mexico. This will help keep the cost of parts low, since Mexico and Canada avoided the 2018 tariffs imposed on foreign auto manufacturers.
- Safety features. Since the Vuhl 05 is built for legal racing, it doesn’t come equipped with many of the standard safety features that regular cars have. This lack of safety features will prevent you from getting safety-based discounts on your policy and could result in a higher rate.
- Safety ratings. Vuhl doesn’t have any official safety ratings yet. It likely won’t either, due to the racing nature of its vehicle. This could also drive insurance rates up.
- Driving performance. Similar to safety features, Vuhl is largely building for the racetrack. This makes it fun to drive, but will have a negative impact on its insurance rates. The type of vehicle and the nature of how it drives might also force you to buy a specialty insurance policy, since standard companies won’t insure any type of racing vehicle.
- Maintenance costs. Vuhl hasn’t released any vehicles, so maintenance costs could vary considerably. In general, high-performance racing cars require more maintenance, which also ups insurance rates.
- Reliability. Time will tell on Vuhl’s reliability. New car manufacturers have very high expectations for reliability, but Vuhl isn’t making it easy on themselves by diving into the legal racing car market. You can expect average reliability factors until more units are driven and sold.
- Theft rates. Vuhl doesn’t have any official theft rates yet, though it will likely be low because it will be rare at first and will probably be parked in your garage rather than on the street.
- Repair costs. Repairs for racing cars are typically much more expensive than standard cars due to the high-performance and specialized nature of the mechanical parts. This makes insurance rates more expensive.
- Fuel economy. The Vuhl 05 gets a surprising 28 mpg on fuel economy when it’s not on the racetrack. Better fuel economy not only saves on gas money but also is a factor in setting car insurance rates.
Vuhl is all about high-performance vehicles that are at home on the racetrack. It will take time for Vuhl to receive official safety and reliability ratings, though high-performance vehicles tend to score low marks on both. You can expect insurance costs to be higher than average for Vuhl cars due to this high-performance nature.
Frequently asked questions about Vuhl.
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.